Schedule of MCAT and medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Baresina

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN users,

I am a pre-med student and I tend to plan in advance. Furthermore, I just record the future plans on my notebook. I just stumble on the year after my graduation on May 2010. I want to attend medical school on the fall of 2011. I plan to take MCAT on August 2010 to make it a year before. Is it too late? I just read some threads mentioning June/July would be much better.

Please reply informing me when should I take MCAT for the 2011 marticulation.

Many thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you russian? For some reason I read this with a russian accent.

Anyway, you are planning WAY in advance, but you'd take the MCAT sometime in spring/summer of 2010 probably.

august the year before you apply is late. You should take it by June, and by the absolute latest July. If you take it earlier than that you'll have the chance to retake it should you need to. But yea, just try to get through the next few years first ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with the above poster. Take it in june/july at the latest. You will be disadvantaged by taken it in august of your application year. Another good idea would be to take it as soon as you get done with your prereqs as possible but much sure you actually study the material before taking the MCAT. I finished gen chem a year ago and hated it then, which leads me to where I am now, trying to learn the stuff again.. eh...

But really, you need to prepare for the verbal section before you take it, it's section tons of remeds tend to neglect( or so all the course companies say...) I'm applying for application in august 2010 but I will hopefully be done with the MCAT by august 2008. I feel the need to get the MCAT over with so I can spend the rest of my time knocking down grades and working before med school.

Good luck.

Are you russian? For some reason I read this with a russian accent.

Anyway, you are planning WAY in advance, but you'd take the MCAT sometime in spring/summer of 2010 probably.

I am not Russian at all. I will try my best to take MCAT on June 2010.

Not to be blunt but I think you are getting a little ahead of yourself. You should take the MCAT only when you have finished certain pre-reqs (with flying colors), have enough time to prepare (either taking courses or not) and feel you are ready (diagnostic exams will predict your score). The MCAT is an incredibly difficult test, and so you may have to re-schedule the exam several times, or even re-take it. I'm not doubting your intelligence and competency, but it's always good to keep in mind that this is a common situation for many pre-meds and so, if you happen to find yourself in this situation in a couple of years do not be discouraged that everything didn't happen to plan.