Schedule suggestion [Need some advice]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nietzsche

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Heya guys,

Quick question, I am currently in my Upper Junior year. I plan to study for the MCAT during the Spring term and take the MCAT sometime during the summer. My current schedule for Spring 09':

Organic Chemistry 2
Organic Chemistry Lab 1
Cellular and Molecular Biology {Lecture+Lab combined in one}*
Earth and Atmospheric Sciences Lecture
Earth and Atmospheric Sciences Lab
Writing for Scientists

*Also, I was advised by my Adviser and from Ratemyprofessor that this professor was pretty tough. It's a weeder class, his easy rating is a 1.7 and overall is like a 2.0. I need this class and he is the only Professor that teaches it. Apparently he is really tough, but I need this and I can't bypass it. (There's a test on like 8 chapters the 2nd-3rd week of classes as well).

O.k., so my question is: Should I remove the Earth and Atmosphere science class+lab and just take a basic Psychology class (I believe I still need it for my major) and take Earth and Atmosphere science class+lab my senior year?

Also, I need to take about 20 Bio. electives my senior year. The current professor for my Earth science class is supposedly good and gives a lot of E.C.. Also, the rating for the Psychology professor is about a 5.0 for being really easy.

So, take Psychology instead of that science class to lessen the load and study for the MCAT? Or take a stab at the Earth science course and use my Lib. arts classes to dilute my Bio. classes+labs my Senior year?

It's a pretty heavy read, I thank you ahead of time for giving me some advice. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

In order to simplify my question, would you advice against Studying for the MCAT (plan on taking it during the summer with this course load:

Organic Chemistry 2
Organic Chemistry Lab 1
Cellular and Molecular Biology {Lecture+Lab combined in one}*
Earth and Atmospheric Sciences Lecture
Earth and Atmospheric Sciences Lab
Writing for Scientists

Yeah, if you think you can handle it.

I am studying for the MCAT and doing research and taking it in May with
Inorganic Chem I + Lab (not genchem)
Physical Chem II
Cell Biology
Calc-Based Physics II + Lab
and Orgo Lab

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you able to drop Cell Molec and take it another semester with a better prof?

Nope, there are 2 out of 3 required classes that I need to take. He teaches one of them and is the only Professor that teaches the class. Besides, I need to take this class so I can fulfill the Pre-Req for the higher-end Bio. electives.

try to make your load lighter because studying for the mcat takes a lot out of you. you know yourself better than i do so make sure that its not going to kill you