1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

scheduling AECOM interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by banannie, Oct 28, 2002.

1. banannie

banannie Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

for anyone who's scheduled an inteview at AECOM: how long does it take for them to get back to you? I e-mailed them a list of possible dates last Monday, but they never got back to me. Is waiting a week normal, or should I call them? I'd usually be much more chill, but I'd like to schedule other interviews, and I can't until I know when I'll have my interview at Einstein.

thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DW

DW Fix me some sandwiches
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    it took them over a week with me as well. i'd wait till friday before calling.

4. JRSCGSR

JRSCGSR Member
    7+ Year Member

Scheduling an interview at AECOM was like pulling teeth as far as my experience went. They took close to a week to respond to emails and they refused to answer the phones anymore. They do try to help you out, but they are getting pretty full as far as I could tell. I had to fight to get my date in Nov, and I got my invite in early Oct.

5. souljah1

souljah1 Attending
    10+ Year Member

just so you know..

i would try to schedule an interview that lands before the 1st week of january b/c aecom sends out 180 acceptances around the 15th of january. it is definitely an advantage to interview there early, so i don't see the harm in sending another email over there just to make sure that they received your first one. i wouldn't worry about angering the secretary. a polite email asking whether or not they received your first email is not going to lead to any negative repercusions.

best of luck to all.

souljah

6. japonesa

japonesa Member
    7+ Year Member

Einstein was weird with me, too. Because they encourage you to contact them if you'll be in the area for another interview, I emailed them to let them know when I'd be there. A week, later, I'd gotten no response, so I called them and they just told me that my file was being reviewed. So I think, "Great, guess that means no interview."

An hour or two later, I get an email offering me an interview. This was back in the end of September, so I don't know if things have changed since, but if it's been a week, you might want to try calling them.

7. banannie

banannie Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

oh souljah, i wish you hadn't told me about the january 15th thing. that stinks

the interview invite said that interviews were booked through the 2nd week of nov. i e-mailed them some dates in nov. and dec. that i was available. when they got back to me, a week later, they said that now all of nov. and dec. were booked, and that i would have to select a date in jan. so now i'm scheduled for jan. 6th . . . so i guess i'll be wait listed, if i'm lucky. :(

i wonder if they kept me waiting so long b/c i'm of lower priority?

8. johnstoner

johnstoner Ben Franklin on Hashish
    7+ Year Member

u make it sound like we who haven't heard diddly is screwed over already...that sucks nutz.

I'm still waiting to hear from them b/c my application was complete about 2-3 weeks ago...whassup with that..it seems everyone is getting thier interview invites already.

:mad: