Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

scheduling Case interviews

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DoctorMoLLY, Nov 30, 2005.

1. DoctorMoLLY

DoctorMoLLY Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    :D Hi all,

The Case interview invite says:

To schedule your interview, please call the Office of Admissions, between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time Mondays, Tuesdays, or Fridays.

I don't want to disobey their rules, but will they really not schedule me if I call today or tomorrow? Has anyone tried to call on Wed or Thurs?

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MollyMalone

MollyMalone I'm a Score Quadruplet
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Chill out and wait. When they give you specific instructions, it's best to abide by them.

4. MeowMix

MeowMix Explaining "Post-Call"
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Most offices are understaffed. They set up these rules not to inconvenience you, but to make their lives bearable and their workload manageable.

If I were you, I would want to have the admissions staff thinking I was a nice helpful student who reads instructions carefully and respects their rules, rather than an eager premed who wants others to accommodate their busy schedule.

5. Saluki

Saluki 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

If it makes you feel better, I'm also waiting till Friday to call. Bet I'll beat you to the good dates :laugh: