1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Scheduling Conflicts up the Wazoo!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by JulianCrane, Nov 11, 2002.

1. JulianCrane

JulianCrane The Power of Intention
    10+ Year Member

OK, so I am taking the MCAT next semester, and I am trying to plan my Spring Semester schedule with MCAT preparation in mind. So here's the deal: I am a Bio and French major, so I was planning on taking the following: Physics II, Genetics, Human Phys, a 400-lit French course on Louis XIV which sounds incredible. That comes to 15 credits. I plan to continue research in my lab too. What do you think??? I just don't want courses like Genetics and a 400 level French class to overwhelm me. AH, what am I gonna do?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DW

DW Fix me some sandwiches
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    too much for most people. i'd consider taking that french class later, and cutting back at work. mcat is the most important test of your life insofar: dont blow it.

4. marakah2

marakah2 Member
    7+ Year Member

Treat the MCAT as if it is a class---requiring equal time as does organic/etc. etc.

it will make or break you and trust us you don't want to take it twice.

5. LoneCoyote

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I don't know how it is at your school but I have genetics, physics 2, and an upper division physiology class, plus one other 400 level class right now and it is a really heavy load. Just with those three classes I am studying all the time and definitely would not have time to be doing adequate MCAT prep. I am doing this now so I can have a lighter load in the spring and time for the MCAT. The advice I have gotten is to consider the MCAT like taking 2 science classes and plan accordingly. So I would definitely see if there was a way to take one or more of those classes at another time, because even w/o the MCAT those three in combo are rough. Good luck!

6. vivekap2007

vivekap2007 cowtown indo hornet
    7+ Year Member

If you're taking a prep course then you should probably treat it as a 3 credit hour class. I took 17 credit hours my mcat semester and a prep course and it worked out alright. I really took advantage of spring break and Christmas break to study for the test. I think your load is fine; the course on Louis should be a good change of pace from your other classes. Best of luck