scheduling interview without official invitation??? very weird!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by beponychick, Nov 21, 2005.

1. beponychick

beponychick SDN Angel
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    What could this possibly mean?

I called up a certain school to check on my status, and they told me that on the screen, it says that i should have an interview. the lady asked me if i received an invitation and i said no. She then went to talk to someone else, and came back and said that i should wait two weeks and then i will receive the invitation. Now, if they already selected me to interview, why can't I schedule it right now? Why do i have to wait for an official invitation which will come in weeks? Do you suppose they are waiting to see who will decline/withdraw acceptances? How can I interpret this?

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. D123

D123 Membership Revoked
    Removed

okay okay we will wait sometime and see. let me know when it is the time.

3. OP
    OP
    beponychick

beponychick SDN Angel
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student

huh?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bubbleyum

bubbleyum Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

hey what school is this?? maybe i should start calling around, hah.
    however you interpret this, it is still good news!

5. N1DERL&

N1DERL& HP4!!!!
    7+ Year Member

I would call and see if you can schedule an interview. Isn't it more advantageous to have the earlier interview date?

6. OP
    OP
    beponychick

beponychick SDN Angel
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student

thats what happened. when i called to check on my status, she told me that i was selected for an interview, but that the invite would go out in two weeks or so. so therefore, i couldnt schedule an interview then because i didnt have the invite yet. It didnt really make sense to me, because I would rather schedule an earlier interview (two weeks can make a big difference in interview dates). But that was not an option. So now basically, I know I will interview at this school, but am unable to schedule the interview until I get the invite. I wonder why they do this. I mean, there HAS to be a reason or else she would just have scheduled me right then and there.

7. theunderdog

theunderdog Medical Student (Slave)
    7+ Year Member

which school is this again?

8. OP
    OP
    beponychick

beponychick SDN Angel
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student

my other state school :)

9. N1DERL&

N1DERL& HP4!!!!
    7+ Year Member

OH jeez...now that's the lamest policy I've ever heard! :rolleyes: Too bad you couldn't fake amnesia and call about your interview! :laugh:

10. bubbleyum

bubbleyum Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

did she say they actually sent out the interview invite by snailmail? or is it an email invitation. if it is snailmail, maybe you could call and say, "hey i got the invite, i would like to schedule my interview." because how will they know if it takes 2 whole weeks to get a letter by post, especially if it was sent within your own state.

11. OP
    OP
    beponychick

beponychick SDN Angel
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student

haha, that would be a good idea, but alas, they send their invites via email. I just have to bite the bullet and wait, and hopefully the school wont be filled up till March with interviews by the time they send me an invite. :rolleyes: