scheduling interview without official invitation??? very weird!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beponychick

SDN Angel
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What could this possibly mean?

I called up a certain school to check on my status, and they told me that on the screen, it says that i should have an interview. the lady asked me if i received an invitation and i said no. She then went to talk to someone else, and came back and said that i should wait two weeks and then i will receive the invitation. Now, if they already selected me to interview, why can't I schedule it right now? Why do i have to wait for an official invitation which will come in weeks? Do you suppose they are waiting to see who will decline/withdraw acceptances? How can I interpret this?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

beponychick said:
What could this possibly mean?

I called up a certain school to check on my status, and they told me that on the screen, it says that i should have an interview. the lady asked me if i received an invitation and i said no. She then went to talk to someone else, and came back and said that i should wait two weeks and then i will receive the invitation. Now, if they already selected me to interview, why can't I not schedule it right now? Why do i have to wait for an official invitation which will come in weeks? Do you suppose they are waiting to see who will decline/withdraw acceptances? How can I interpret this?

Thanks!
okay okay we will wait sometime and see. let me know when it is the time.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey what school is this?? maybe i should start calling around, hah.
however you interpret this, it is still good news!

I would call and see if you can schedule an interview. Isn't it more advantageous to have the earlier interview date?

N1DERL& said:
I would call and see if you can schedule an interview. Isn't it more advantageous to have the earlier interview date?

thats what happened. when i called to check on my status, she told me that i was selected for an interview, but that the invite would go out in two weeks or so. so therefore, i couldnt schedule an interview then because i didnt have the invite yet. It didnt really make sense to me, because I would rather schedule an earlier interview (two weeks can make a big difference in interview dates). But that was not an option. So now basically, I know I will interview at this school, but am unable to schedule the interview until I get the invite. I wonder why they do this. I mean, there HAS to be a reason or else she would just have scheduled me right then and there.

beponychick said:
thats what happened. when i called to check on my status, she told me that i was selected for an interview, but that the invite would go out in two weeks or so. so therefore, i couldnt schedule an interview then because i didnt have the invite yet. It didnt really make sense to me, because I would rather schedule an earlier interview (two weeks can make a big difference in interview dates). But that was not an option. So now basically, I know I will interview at this school, but am unable to schedule the interview until I get the invite. I wonder why they do this. I mean, there HAS to be a reason or else she would just have scheduled me right then and there.

which school is this again?

beponychick said:

OH jeez...now that's the lamest policy I've ever heard! :rolleyes: Too bad you couldn't fake amnesia and call about your interview! :laugh:

did she say they actually sent out the interview invite by snailmail? or is it an email invitation. if it is snailmail, maybe you could call and say, "hey i got the invite, i would like to schedule my interview." because how will they know if it takes 2 whole weeks to get a letter by post, especially if it was sent within your own state.

bubbleyum said:
did she say they actually sent out the interview invite by snailmail? or is it an email invitation. if it is snailmail, maybe you could call and say, "hey i got the invite, i would like to schedule my interview." because how will they know if it takes 2 whole weeks to get a letter by post, especially if it was sent within your own state.

haha, that would be a good idea, but alas, they send their invites via email. I just have to bite the bullet and wait, and hopefully the school wont be filled up till March with interviews by the time they send me an invite. :rolleyes: