• Scariest Story Contest

    Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

    JOIN CONTEST

scheduling interview without official invitation??? very weird!

beponychick

SDN Angel
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2003
1,503
0
  1. Medical Student
    What could this possibly mean?

    I called up a certain school to check on my status, and they told me that on the screen, it says that i should have an interview. the lady asked me if i received an invitation and i said no. She then went to talk to someone else, and came back and said that i should wait two weeks and then i will receive the invitation. Now, if they already selected me to interview, why can't I schedule it right now? Why do i have to wait for an official invitation which will come in weeks? Do you suppose they are waiting to see who will decline/withdraw acceptances? How can I interpret this?

    Thanks!
     

    D123

    Membership Revoked
    Removed
    10+ Year Member
    Oct 25, 2005
    19
    0
      beponychick said:
      What could this possibly mean?

      I called up a certain school to check on my status, and they told me that on the screen, it says that i should have an interview. the lady asked me if i received an invitation and i said no. She then went to talk to someone else, and came back and said that i should wait two weeks and then i will receive the invitation. Now, if they already selected me to interview, why can't I not schedule it right now? Why do i have to wait for an official invitation which will come in weeks? Do you suppose they are waiting to see who will decline/withdraw acceptances? How can I interpret this?

      Thanks!
      okay okay we will wait sometime and see. let me know when it is the time.
       
      About the Ads

      beponychick

      SDN Angel
      7+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Nov 15, 2003
      1,503
      0
      1. Medical Student
        N1DERL& said:
        I would call and see if you can schedule an interview. Isn't it more advantageous to have the earlier interview date?


        thats what happened. when i called to check on my status, she told me that i was selected for an interview, but that the invite would go out in two weeks or so. so therefore, i couldnt schedule an interview then because i didnt have the invite yet. It didnt really make sense to me, because I would rather schedule an earlier interview (two weeks can make a big difference in interview dates). But that was not an option. So now basically, I know I will interview at this school, but am unable to schedule the interview until I get the invite. I wonder why they do this. I mean, there HAS to be a reason or else she would just have scheduled me right then and there.
         

        theunderdog

        Medical Student (Slave)
        10+ Year Member
        7+ Year Member
        Oct 29, 2005
        798
        2
          beponychick said:
          thats what happened. when i called to check on my status, she told me that i was selected for an interview, but that the invite would go out in two weeks or so. so therefore, i couldnt schedule an interview then because i didnt have the invite yet. It didnt really make sense to me, because I would rather schedule an earlier interview (two weeks can make a big difference in interview dates). But that was not an option. So now basically, I know I will interview at this school, but am unable to schedule the interview until I get the invite. I wonder why they do this. I mean, there HAS to be a reason or else she would just have scheduled me right then and there.

          which school is this again?
           

          N1DERL&

          HP4!!!!
          7+ Year Member
          15+ Year Member
          Mar 14, 2004
          927
          0
          zzzzz
            beponychick said:
            thats what happened. when i called to check on my status, she told me that i was selected for an interview, but that the invite would go out in two weeks or so. so therefore, i couldnt schedule an interview then because i didnt have the invite yet. It didnt really make sense to me, because I would rather schedule an earlier interview (two weeks can make a big difference in interview dates). But that was not an option. So now basically, I know I will interview at this school, but am unable to schedule the interview until I get the invite. I wonder why they do this. I mean, there HAS to be a reason or else she would just have scheduled me right then and there.

            OH jeez...now that's the lamest policy I've ever heard! :rolleyes: Too bad you couldn't fake amnesia and call about your interview! :laugh:
             

            bubbleyum

            Senior Member
            10+ Year Member
            7+ Year Member
            Mar 27, 2005
            731
            1
              did she say they actually sent out the interview invite by snailmail? or is it an email invitation. if it is snailmail, maybe you could call and say, "hey i got the invite, i would like to schedule my interview." because how will they know if it takes 2 whole weeks to get a letter by post, especially if it was sent within your own state.
               

              beponychick

              SDN Angel
              7+ Year Member
              15+ Year Member
              Nov 15, 2003
              1,503
              0
              1. Medical Student
                bubbleyum said:
                did she say they actually sent out the interview invite by snailmail? or is it an email invitation. if it is snailmail, maybe you could call and say, "hey i got the invite, i would like to schedule my interview." because how will they know if it takes 2 whole weeks to get a letter by post, especially if it was sent within your own state.


                haha, that would be a good idea, but alas, they send their invites via email. I just have to bite the bullet and wait, and hopefully the school wont be filled up till March with interviews by the time they send me an invite. :rolleyes:
                 
                About the Ads
                This thread is more than 15 years old.

                Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

                1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                7. This thread is locked.