Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

scheduling interviews/Loyola

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by serpiente, Jan 29, 2002.

1. serpiente

serpiente Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I have two interviews coming up in the Chicago area. I have not yet heard from Loyola but I would like to interview there. I don't think I can afford to fly back if I have to. Has anyone called Loyola about scheduling an interview (before you were invited)? I know some schools are nice about this and others are not so nice

2. gooseHC

gooseHC Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Serpiente, the Loyola admissions office is very friendly, or at least one of the women who answers the phones most often. It is definitely a school that deserves a look. So give them a call to see where you are in their process. And being from HC, they love the Jesuit background! Good luck, I hope that they are accomodating!

3. serpiente

serpiente Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Thanks, Goose. I will probably call them tomorrow. By the way do you know what days of the week they conduct interviews on?

4. vanhorn

vanhorn Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

i was in your exact same boat, flying in for multiple interviews in chicago and wanting to schedule loyola. i called, talked to the nicest lady, judy, and she called me back the next day with an interview invite. i was impressed with how well they accomodated to my schedule. i believe they interview m-f, but i am not sure. my interview was on a tuesday. hope this helps.

5. CT

CT Member
    10+ Year Member

For all of you who called Loyola, did they tell you that you were about to be called anyway for an interview? I haven't heard from Loyola yet, but would love to interview there myself.

6. serpiente

serpiente Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I called this am. A very nice lady told me that a note would be placed in my file and brought to the committee's attention. She did not say whether this could happen or not, or whether I was going to be invited (I haven't received anything yet, but I turned my stuff in late), just took my information, asked what dates I would like to be interviewed on, and said that MAY be possible. Which is all that was hoping for anyway. They were very nice about the request though, in case any of you are pondering this.