Scheduling Issues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gimpyballerina

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Due to scheduling issues forcing me to take all of my normal classes before 11 AM and after 6 PM, summer school has turned into my best friend and savior. This spring I am planning on taking orgo 1 at my normal university and then taking orgo 2 at home over the summer. I am also hoping to take to take physics 1 at home this summer and then take physics 2 when I am back at school next fall. Does this sound like a feasible plan or will I be screwing myself over? Because these courses are cumulative I’m worried that the potential differences in curriculum will be a problem, but there is really no other way I can think of to get around this. Do you think the school at home will allow me to take orgo 2 even though I didn’t take orgo 1 with them?

Members don't see this ad.

Generally speaking, if it's a "regular" school, it'll probably transfer. You might be able to check transfer credit on the web, or ask an advisor.

Check with an adviser to see if it will transfer. If it will (and both schools are good... like one isn't a CC), I say it's a go. I took O-chem I (yes, o-chem... where did "orgo" come from??? it doesn't even make sense!!) and O-chem II from different teachers at the same school and they taught it so differently anyway... It all depends on the teacher.

Different professors from different institutions are about the same as different professors from the same college... once again, as long as both colleges are reputable/about the same level.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Orgo came from Orgonic Chemistry:laugh:

I think you can do it. It might be tough, but anything is possible. Just work hard, and you should do fine!

Different professors from different institutions are about the same as different professors from the same college... once again, as long as both colleges are reputable/about the same level.

agreed. my experiences with both of these classes were that the frame of reference from part 1 of the course was important, but not the specifics. so it didn't feel very cumulative.