Scholarship incentives for DPT applicants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Architect2PT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm preparing to apply to DPT programs this Fall and was curious if some programs have attractive scholarship incentives.
I have a very high GPA/GRE (3.9/1520), and was hoping to capitalize on that.
I realize most programs offer only loans and very little scholarship support. But I was wondering if there are any exceptions out there.
Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

UNC Chapel Hill does. At least 3/4 of the students have a scholarship of some amount. And after a year you can apply for instate tuition which is currently just under 13k/yr.

This is a good question - wish I asked it last year!:)

I believe that both Arcadia and Drexel offer scholarships to highly competitive applicants. I am sure it varies in a given year but for Drexel I think the average dean's merit scholarship is $13k/year. I know that Arcadia previously gave a large number of scholarships but I don't see anything on their website that inidicates that they still do.

Members don't see this ad :)
Columbia has a merit based scholarship.

Yeah, I know that Columbia and Arcadia both offer scholarships because I was just accepted to the two of them. I have your GPA but my GREs aren't as high. Columbia's scholarship is $7000 a year if your undergrad GPA is above a 3.7 which yours is, and assuming you keep up a good GPA during your years at Columbia. Arcadia offered me $11,000 per year plus over $3,000 work study if I want it, but I don't know about what specifically they look for when giving out their scholarships. Are you looking to be anywhere in the country or do you have a specific region in mind? Because I really don't know anything about further west cuz I live in a bubble.

Do a little research on your own and you'll find that most schools offer merit based scholarships and you usually don't have to apply for them, they will simply offer you one upon acceptance.

Thanks! I've been finding a few offer scholarships. And while any scholarship is a good scholarship, most I've seen barely make a dent in the tuition. I'm going to be 41 years old when I start into one of these DPT programs, so I won't have as much time to pay off loans as a lot of you guys fresh out of undergrad. :)
I'm in the Chicago area. Both Northwestern and UIC are great programs but have zero scholarships. So I may end up someplace else.

Pitt offers a 3rd year scholarship to all students. I'm not sure the exact amount but what I hear it's 1/3 an actual pt salary. So about 1200-1500 bucks per month for about 8 months. So about an 8-9k scholarship. Anyone from Pitt know the exact details?