Scholarship Indexes (or Indices :-))

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Larsitron

Mac Addict
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did a thread search on this (scholarship index) and didn't get much, so I'm going to assume that this hasn't been hashed to death.

Has anyone explored the subscription options for different scholarship indexes? I'm trying to find a good information source that is outside my own university's financial aid office which just gives you a giant book of every scholarship of every sort and says "you sort 'em out." I know there are sites where, for a subscription fee, you can search and sort scholarships for medical school (the few that there are). Any thoughts on these services?

Members don't see this ad.

Larsitron said:
I did a thread search on this (scholarship index) and didn't get much, so I'm going to assume that this hasn't been hashed to death.

Has anyone explored the subscription options for different scholarship indexes? I'm trying to find a good information source that is outside my own university's financial aid office which just gives you a giant book of every scholarship of every sort and says "you sort 'em out." I know there are sites where, for a subscription fee, you can search and sort scholarships for medical school (the few that there are). Any thoughts on these services?
I don't know about fee-based services (though I've heard to be suspicious of them), but there's always fastweb.com. I have to say, having searched around a bunch, the offerings are pitiful when it comes to medical school (especially in comparison to graduate school).

Also, try searching on SDN for just "merit scholarship" or "scholarship" in the title of post category on advanced search. That might help you. Good luck.

yeah I've been trying to do a lot of reading on this.. and it's a lot harder than undergrad. SDN has a financial aid forum, but not much there...

Paying for a scholarship search is a waste of money...The FinAid website has some options AND don't forget about the public library (pssst...it's free). Remember back in the day...when we had those cool cards and we'd check out these bound pages called books. I wonder what ever happened to those things. Can you say Dewey Decimal System three times fast?

Scholarships