Scholarship = Intent to Matriculate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sammmeyeam

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

if you accept a scholarship (like a full-tuition one), does that mean you are telling the school you will definately matricuate there?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

No.

If you don't matriculate, though, you can't take the scholarship with you. . . :p

Actually, schools that offer scholarships usually do it to the applicants they feel are most likely to go elsewhere, so the offer of money is to try to get them to stay. Most schools offer more scholarships than they expect to pay out, as the assumption is that top applicants will get to choose from a few schools.

Congratulations, by the way. Want to share what scholarship you got and where with the curious public?

I was wondering the same thing. Several months ago Vanderbilt offered me a full tuition scholarship. It made me feel worse than usual when I wrote them to withdraw my application. The dean of the med school called me too to sing their praises.

Members don't see this ad :)
how do you guys get these full-tuition scholarships?

•••quote:•••Originally posted by johnM:
•how do you guys get these full-tuition scholarships?•••••In my case, the school decided to give it to me--I didn't apply for it separately or anything.