Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Scholarship = Intent to Matriculate?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Sammmeyeam, May 1, 2002.

1. Sammmeyeam

Sammmeyeam Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi,

if you accept a scholarship (like a full-tuition one), does that mean you are telling the school you will definately matricuate there?

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. paean

paean Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

No.

If you don't matriculate, though, you can't take the scholarship with you. . . :p

Actually, schools that offer scholarships usually do it to the applicants they feel are most likely to go elsewhere, so the offer of money is to try to get them to stay. Most schools offer more scholarships than they expect to pay out, as the assumption is that top applicants will get to choose from a few schools.

Congratulations, by the way. Want to share what scholarship you got and where with the curious public?

4. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Membership Revoked
    Removed

I was wondering the same thing. Several months ago Vanderbilt offered me a full tuition scholarship. It made me feel worse than usual when I wrote them to withdraw my application. The dean of the med school called me too to sing their praises.

5. johnM

johnM Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

how do you guys get these full-tuition scholarships?

6. gel1

gel1 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by johnM:
    <strong>how do you guys get these full-tuition scholarships?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">In my case, the school decided to give it to me--I didn't apply for it separately or anything.