1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Scholarship Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by lexy10, Dec 17, 2005.

1. lexy10

lexy10 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

So I am looking into various scholarships...cause I need to pay for this education with something...and, well, here is the question: When a scholarship states that the funds can be used for graduate school, does that include medical school?

It seems like an easy question, but then some scholarships say you can use the money for graduate but not doctoral study.

Thoughts?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Non-TradTulsa

Non-TradTulsa Senior Member - Resident
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I would have to say "no" - in general, a graduate scholarship can't be used for medical school. The reason there's a difference is that medical school is considered to be "professional" school and, for better or worse, they figure you can borrow the money and pay it back when you're making a good living. There are a few medical school scholarships, but (from my limited research experience) they'll be labeled "for med school."

4. boomuntilnoon

boomuntilnoon Senior Member
    7+ Year Member