1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Scholarship Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by hopein3, Apr 10, 2007.

1. hopein3

7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    I know that I've seen some discussion of this on these boards in the past, but I can't find any posts that answer this question specifically. So...

I have been accepted to several schools, each of which naturally has it's pros and cons. One of the schools, which is quite reputable, recently offered me a pretty sizable scholarship, and I'm trying to figure out how to go about talking to the other schools about whether or not they can match it. Does anybody have any advice about how to do this? Who do I talk to? The financial aid department? The admissions office?

Just looking for some basic input. Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sheepunite

sheepunite Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    you can always ask the other schools if it would help your fin aid package to include formal documentation of your scholarship at the other school. however, if the other schools offer only need-based aid, merit-based aid from another school won't matter a lick.

4. hopein3

7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    There was a computer gliche when I originally started this thread, and I accidentally created the same thread twice. I've already tried to edit this post once, but it went back to my original post which was written out of confusion because I didn't realize I had started two threads. Anyway, sorry about this.

5. scottyd214

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical