Scholarship Search

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Liquidshock

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am kinda short on money right now and it would be NICE to have some financial aids... I searched on-line for scholarships but all seem to be for college kids. I graduated from college last spring, and entering a medical school this fall. So I am basically not a student right now... is there anywhere I can search for scholarships for not-currently-students like me? Thanks a bunch in advance!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I think somebody's missing the point of a scholarship (scholar = student). If you need cash, go to a bank and take out a private loan. Pay it back with your Stafford money once you matriculate, since Staffords can be deferred until after residency.

i don't think OP meant scholarships for right now, but for the upcoming entering semester. you can definitely find scholarships for all students and grad students.

i don't think OP meant scholarships for right now, but for the upcoming entering semester. you can definitely find scholarships for all students and grad students.

I must have been confused when the OP said "kinda short of money right now" and looking for "scholarships for not-currently-students like me". In any event this statement is for the most part incorrect. Medical school scholarships are doled out by the schools themselves in the form of academic/achievement awards or minority/need-based aid. Unlike undergrad, there are few if any Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Essay Scholarships and Kibbles N Bits Research Awards floating around out there for medical students.