Scholarships for Dental School besides NHSC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentallover

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'll be attending an OOS dental school and it is very expensive. Can anybody recommend an scholarship? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

You could always join the military. Full tuition and fees paid, books reimbursed, plus around 24k a year to live on. Feel free to PM me.

IHS (Indian Health Service)

"If you complete the application process successfully and receive an LRP award, the IHS LRP will repay all or a portion of your eligible health professional education expenses up to $24,000 (including allocation for taxes) per year. After the initial two years, you may request an annual LRP contract extension for up to an additional $24,000 per year for each year you serve until your school loans are completely repaid."

Basically, if you owe 350k+ coming out, they cover the interest while you hit the principle. Only bad thing about this one is the pay SUCKS. I saw one where it only pays like 60k/year. I could be wrong though (I hope I am), so someone could correct me if they like :D

Best options for getting it paid off the quickest are the military or NHSC, though. I'm sure you know this already...I've searched and searched.