Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Scholarships for dental school

Discussion in 'Dental' started by diplo123, Dec 31, 2008.

1. diplo123

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I couldn't find an answer to my question in previous threads on this topic. I was wondering if there are any dental students who have scholarships other than military scholarships and those handed out by the dental school itself.

Are there any scholarships that one can win from 3rd parties? I have been accepted to dental school and was hoping to get a scholarship to help cover a little of the tab, because scholarships carried me through undergrad. Thx.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ElectraOnAzalea

10+ Year Member

Dentist
    they exist. Call the specific school you're interested in and ask them if they offer any. They'll let you know what the criteria to be considered is and what types they have. Also, you can basically get a scholarship anywhere. Just search around your town at local businesses (banks tend to offer a few), if you have an employer now ask them, go to those scholarship websites. Basically scholarships are everywhere, you just have to be diligent enough to find them.

p.s. happy new year!

4. Tstarfish

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I had a small one from my cities women's club--it is very hard to find large scholarships but a few small ones--good luck!