Scholarships for URM???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Curiosity32

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:confused:
Does anyone out there in SDN land know of any scholarships for URM medical students. I've been accepted to 3 schools so far, but I haven't made a decision on which school to go to yet. I want to limit the amount of debt I'll have at the end, but if I find scholarships out there, then money won't be a factor in my decision. Please help me out!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I am not aware of any. Surely they don't reserve scholarships or acceptances for someone based on skin color... that just wouldnt be fair.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has scholarships that give preference to people of Greek descent, Jewish background, long time Boston residents and yes minority students who make a committment to serve in their communities.

The money is out there but even if you just take low interest loans med school is a great investment.

duke has 7 full rides reserved for URMs and 8 reserved for others in the class. If you got into this school, you have a great shot!

CCW

I took another look at the BU catalog. They also have scholarships with preference for persons who are of Armenian descent, Italian descent, persons from Rhode Island, as well as women, persons who commit to family practice, and persons who commit to practice geriatric medicine.

;)

Most schools have a very limitted number of scholarships (maybe 1-3 or so), which are awarded to people from disadvataged backgrounds. for some that will mean URM, for others it will mean po' folks in general.

Originally posted by Cerberus
I saw your name and the word "URM" and cringed:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

True that, Ryo okhi appears to resurrect him/herself on AA threads.:confused: :confused: :confused:

There are scholarships out there......try doing an internet search....that is how I found the scholarships I am applying for.

Originally posted by Ryo-Ohki
;)

I'll be sure to ask my African American, Harvard Med trained dermatologist if she recieved a URM scholarship at my next appointment:rolleyes:

FYI, I did hear that Harvard has a lot of money for URM's.;)