Scholarships still up for grabs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

loudawg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK so I just got an interview at UPenn and WashU. The thing is, the only reason I applied to these schools is because they offer scholarship money. SO, do you all think it's worth interviewing considering I'm getting these interviews kinda late in the process? I mean do you think I would even be in the running for merit based scholarship money at this point?

I just cant decide if it's worth the expense of travel since I already have acceptances to places I would be happy going. I'd appreciate your input!

Members don't see this ad.

judging from other people's posts about merit scholarships -- how they consider the full package, etc -- i would assume they wouldn't grant scholarships until they're finished interviewing. so make sure you make a stellar presentation of your finer points at your interview. but considering i'm still waiting to hear ANYTHING from Penn, i'm hardly the informed applicant.
congrats on the invitation though.

loudawg said:
OK so I just got an interview at UPenn and WashU. The thing is, the only reason I applied to these schools is because they offer scholarship money. SO, do you all think it's worth interviewing considering I'm getting these interviews kinda late in the process? I mean do you think I would even be in the running for merit based scholarship money at this point?

I just cant decide if it's worth the expense of travel since I already have acceptances to places I would be happy going. I'd appreciate your input!

The deadline for application for Wash U merit scholarships was today, unless they have a series of deadlines. You might want to call to find out. John Walters is, I think, the guy in charge of financial aid. The number for his ofice is 314-362-6855, or you can email him at [email protected]
UPenn does not have rolling admissions, they have one date in March when they make decisions, and all students accepted to the school are considered for their scholarships, so you're definitely still in the running for their money.
Good luck!