Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Scholarships

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by curtis, Jul 9, 1999.

1. curtis

curtis Member

100% Scholarship for medical students.
    All books and tuition paid for as well as a monthly stipend pay of $970.00 for 10 1/2 months every year under the scholarship. The scholarship is sponsored by the United States Army. E-mail me for more information.

[email protected] or [email protected]

[This message has been edited by curtis (edited July 10, 1999).]

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. EJS

EJS

Resident [Any Field]
    hey let me know the details!

4. curtis

curtis Member

I will try and explain this the best I can. If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me. You submit an extensive application and I will set you up to take a Department of Defense physical. The sooner the better for you. Especially, before you start medical school. I do you packet have you sign it and submit it to a selection board. You will either be selected or non-selected. If you are selected the Army will pick up the bill as previously stated in the ad. Let's say you get a four-year scholarship. Your payback for that scholarship will be four years (as a doctor). You will also have to register for the Army's (FYGME=PGY1) First year Graduate Medical Education. Will select our matches in December the national selection for PGY-1 is March. If you are selected for the Army's you will have to dis-enroll from the National Selection. You will then do your PGY-1 with the Army. You will more than likely do you residency with the Army too. Your residency time has a different payback. An Army residency is better than a civilian one. First off, you will make about 8 - 10,000 dollars more than a civilian resident. The Army residency are rated high if not higher in the medical journals that rate residency programs then civilian residencies.
    Not to mention you can graduate medical school with less debt. Let me know if you have any questions. I can send you a booklet on the program if you give me a mailing address. Thank you for you interest.

5. RDO

RDO Member

I've been looking into the scholarship offered by the National Health Service Corps. Does anyone have any experience with the Corps that they can share? In particular, I'm wondering how competitive the scholarship is and how easy it is to get your choice of where you want to serve (underserved area). To avoid confusion, the scholarship I'm interested in is the one where you serve a year in the corps for every year that they pay for your medical education.

6. scoren

scoren Member

I'd also be interested to hear anyone's personal experience with the National Health Service Corps. I interviewed for the scholarship last month and it sounds like a perfect match (for me and them). Thanks!