Scholarships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ratch1980

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know of any independent scholarships for Psychology Masters or PhD programs (I'm applying to both).

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

any phd program worth attending is funded, meaning you get tuition remission plus stipend..

Yes... but what about Master's programs? What kind of funding is available?

I have looked at a few programs, and it seems some offer smaller tuition reductions/stipends, but usually not full...

If I don't get accepted to a phd program, I plan on looking into a masters.

Where I am currently working, I can get a generous tuition reimbursement (even for part-timers), but I don't think it would cover the full cost.

So, I know you can look into scholarships/fellowships/assistantships through the university and work reimbursement... any other ideas? Foundations, etc?

Tara P

Members don't see this ad :)
What are your research interests? There are specific foundation that fund MA level research on specific topics. Search the APA website for scholarships and search online data bases such as StudentAwards.com. You need to do the search yourself.....many award winners don't like to share ....

A few general experimental MA programs have full tuition remission and a stipend. William and Mary, Wake Forest, and Villanova come to mind.