SCHOLARSHIPS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baracuda

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am currently applying to detnal schools and was wondering if a lot of the schools offer scholarships and how you would go about asking for the scholarships. Do they usually offer it to you or your acceptance letter or do you have to write them and ask for it and what the requirements are.

the schools I have interviewed at are Columbia, Maryland, BU, Tufts, Nova, or if you have info on UCLA/SF, uop/usc.

Thanks alot

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know anything about the scholarships but I was wondering how and when your interview at NOVA was. I have one coming up and was wondering what the format is?
thanks

I posted some comments on the pre-dental board about nova because someone was asking about it. go check it out. the format was: they tell you to be there at 12 ( be there at 11 though, and talk to Fern, the secretary up there, she is wierd but gives you some good info), then they take you on a tour of the beautiful campus and your jaw is gonna basically drop!! then they start interviewing. On my day, it was four people that interviewed me at the same time and the questions were reasonable. If you get Dr. Gailen, he will ask you lots of questions, but they are all reasonable. Just keep your cool and make sure your body language shows a lot of energy and excitement about going to school there. depending on when you interview, you should be done by 3-4. each interview last about 30 min and there are usually 5 applicants/day.

hope this helps, if you have any questions you can email me.
If you can do me a favor, I forgot to ask them if they offer scholarships, when it gets to your turn to ask them questions, see if they do offer them and to who, if you want, and let me know.

Thanks and good luck to you

Members don't see this ad :)
Unless things have changed dramatically since 1989 there are basically NO Scholarships available to dental students. The military occasionally has some or National Health Service. There might be some small amount that the school itself has. For the most part it's LOANS. I just paid mine off last February!

I've never heard of people having to ask for scholarships to the school, but most schools I applied to had scholarships available for a select number of students. Seems like most are automatic, so you don't have to apply for them or anything. Many schools will offer you scholarships with your acceptance letter. Other schools may offer you scholarhips after you have accepted.

I wrote some specific $$ amounts for some of the schools on the predental board a few months ago, so you can probably do a search to find the thread.