Scholarships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ryno

fluent in sarcasm
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many of you get scholarships? And how much of your tuition is payed with scholarships? I am a freshman, and in need of some financial aid, but do not qualify for federal aid. I heard that it is easy to get scholarships, but I have never recieved one, and dont really know where to look. Any suggestions or info would be great!!

-ryno

Members don't see this ad.

Talk to the people in your Financial Aid Office - in person. They should be your number one help finding what's available and explaining what you need to do.

yeah I have gone by and talked to them but so far they have not been helpful...

Members don't see this ad :)
I get a state scholarship that pays tuition and fees as long as you keep over a 3.0 GPA- it is available to any GA student

other than that none- but I am at a state university and live at home so i really don't need anymore money...

most of the private schools I applied to offered me between 1/2 and 3/4 of cost of attendance.

This year, I got like $12K in scholarships, which is enough to pay tuitions, fees, and my housing. One of them is through the state for good grades, and the rest are cause my mom is in the Army.

www.fastweb.com -- Put work into it and it will work out.

As far as me, I get approximately $17,000 a year in grants/scholarships and that still isn't enough :(.

Thanks for this... There's alot of scholarships on there!:D I'm just worried because my saved money is going faster than I thought it might...but whats new?!?

Thanks for this... There's alot of scholarships on there!:D I'm just worried because my saved money is going faster than I thought it might...but whats new?!?
Mine isn't, luckily. However, there is that little chip on my shoulder that reminds me that the saved money is from my loan 2nd year :(. Looking back, I should have gone to a cheaper school. Oh well.

wait a second... are you guys saying that even though i'm already a freshman in college i'm still eligible for undergraduate scholarships? how does that work? sorry for my ignorance, i'm the first-born (a guinea pig of sorts)! :oops: