Scholarships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

InterestedInPOD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Of the schools that you applied, were you eligible/offered scholarships? If yes, which school, how much and what are the criteria?
Thank you very much!

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to 3 schools. Scholl, Temple, and Barry. I declined my interview at Barry and was accepted at Scholl and Temple. At Temple I was offered $8000 for the first year during the acceptance. At Scholl upon acceptance was offered $4000, and i got a letter in the mail last week saying I've earned an additional $2000. I had a 3.2 and a 29 MCAT, but I applied in late January.

I'm not sure exactly what the criteria is, but i'm sure they are based on GPA, MCAT, and interview. I think that Temple and Scholl both offer $12000 scholarships for the first year. I believe those go to the most qualified, then the scholarships are lessened in value to $8000, $4000, and $2000.

Also I think they are based on when in the cycle you apply. The earlier you apply the more likely you are to receive a scholarship.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
...Also I think they are based on when in the cycle you apply. The earlier you apply the more likely you are to receive a scholarship.
This is a big factor. Scholarships are based on stats and interview, but you always want to apply early for best chances at scholarship offerings (or acceptance in general).

I interviewed at BUSPM, NYCPM, & TUSPM.

I was offered money at all three, with Temple being the largest amount.

My offer at NYCPM was really huge at first glance, but it was distributed evenly over all four years.

As you advance, the schools have additional money for upper classes, or at least TUSPM and NYCPM did.

The great thing about Barry's offer was that as long as I kept a 3.0 GPA, my scholarship would remain the same. It's nice to have that there.

TUSPM offers you money for the first year, so you have to keep your grades up for more aid. However, there is nothing set in stone, unlike BUSPM

I applied to OCPM, Temple, and Scholl. I was offered $5,000 at OCPM, $12000 at Temple, and 1/2 off at Scholl. I know GPA is a big factor, but I'm sure that more goes into it.

While I do not have enough information to comment on scholarships that are available upon starting podiatry school, I can tell you that NYCPM offers many scholarships to students that earn them over the course of their enrollment. I was not fortunate enough to have earned a scholarship upon entry into NYCPM, but over the course of my 4 years at the school, I earned enough scholarships to cover roughly 1 years tuition.

There are many opportunities to earn scholarships, with many more expected in the future. More and more scholarships are being sponsored by NYCPM alumni that help students at the school cover the costs of medical school.

Hope this helps!