*Scholl Class of 2011*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Illinois has "open road tolling" now too. They call it I-pass.

Yeah but what happens is that these open tolls are right beside the pay tolls. So lets say there are 10 lanes near toll way (3 for open tolling and 5 for paying). but 1-2 miles before the toll the highway is still 3 lanes. So those who still pay cash at Toll are jammed near the tollway and taht traffic builds up nearly to 1-2 miles during rush hour. So it really doesnt matter if we have I-pass or we pay cash. we all are stuck up untill we reach near the tollway where we can switch lanes and pass thru I-pass. But from 3-4 miles away from tollway, we all experience the same traffic.

Instead of tollways ,Illinois should start charging a flat fees at the time of car registration and thats it. No tollways and clog ups.

Members don't see this ad.

Our license plate registration is already double what it was just a couple of years ago. I do not want to pay for a service that I may never use or use infrequently. The tollway system only exists in the northern part of the state, so are you saying that all the farmers in central and southern illinois should pay for our tolls? I completely disagree about a flat fee. 80 some dollars per vehicle is enough for me! ...And the back up usually only affects the right two lanes!!

Our license plate registration is already double what it was just a couple of years ago. I do not want to pay for a service that I may never use or use infrequently. The tollway system only exists in the northern part of the state, so are you saying that all the farmers in central and southern illinois should pay for our tolls? I completely disagree about a flat fee. 80 some dollars per vehicle is enough for me! ...And the back up usually only affects the right two lanes!!

speaking of license plates, my Texas plate registration expires in July. How much is it for plates in IL?

I have to get my driver's license changed out too. They are fanatical here in Texas about your DL being switched over if you live here. Also, you better have the correct address on the DL or you'll get a ticket for that too. Also, your plates...or else...TICKET :mad:

The bad thing about getting your DL is that you don't get it immediately. They give you a paper temp license, SO YOU HAVE NO PHOTO ID!! :mad: for WEEKS. When I left Texas to go to the military and run around the world and back again, 15 years later when I returned...they still are doing it the same way. Talk about not progressing with the times :thumbdown:

At least in Virginia, i gave DMV my TX driver's license and an hour later I had my VA driver's license.

the tolls here range from $.80 to $1.25 depending on where you get on and off.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's $78.00 for renewal; I'm not sure if it is more for a new plate or not. And if I remember correctly, drivers licenses are only $10. You get them immediately here too. So, no crazy waiting!!!:D

Hey guys,
Sorry if I sound incredibly naive asking this but Ive never moved out of state before. Is it mandatory for me to change my drivers license to an Illinois DL? When I do that I wont be able to keep my CA DL. This is what I read on the Illinois.gov website:

"You may obtain an Illinois driver's license or identification card only if you are becoming a legal resident of Illinois. If you have a valid driver's license from another state or country, you may use it to drive in Illinois throughout your stay (if you do not plan to become a permanent resident of this state)."

Well I plan on moving back to CA after graduation so in essence I am not planning on becoming a permanent resident. But is staying in IL for 4 years of school considered becoming a permanent resident?

Again, sorry about sounding totally naive but I need some guidance. Also, if I must change DL im assuming plates must also be switched out right? Is there anything else? Thanks again you guys for all your never-ending help for my poor lost soul! :oops:

I've lived in Iowa for 4 years with a Michigan dl and license plates, If I was in your shoes I don't think i would bother. I don't plan on changing my plates or anything either.
Cheers!

Cool, did you ever hear of Indian Night at UIUC? I went last night for the first time. Figured I'd go since its my last year here. It was really interesting. Lots of dancing/singing. Just thought I'd share.

Cool, did you ever hear of Indian Night at UIUC? I went last night for the first time. Figured I'd go since its my last year here. It was really interesting. Lots of dancing/singing. Just thought I'd share.

Yep i know abt that, i went their few years back. Nearly all universities with indian or pakistani populations organize that event every year. Its really fun.Hope you liked the music.

How's everyone doing with getting things together for school?

Cool, did you time your drive yet?

I have an interview on May 18th, so I may/may not be joining you all. Scholl is my first choice though.

How's everyone doing with getting things together for school?

Cool, did you time your drive yet?

hey khep. yeah i did. actually iam very happy by my drive time. It took me 41min:) from North Chicago to Spring Grove around 5:30 pm.

I took I-94 from Buckley rd till Grand Ave, Grand Ave is a big road and after crossing the gurnee mills it was very quiet. Grand Ave goes till my home (12 miles from I-94 Gurnee mills exit).

Iam so relaxed now:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
hey khep. yeah i did. actually iam very happy by my drive time. It took me 41min:) from North Chicago to Spring Grove around 5:30 pm.

I took I-94 from Buckley rd till Grand Ave, Grand Ave is a big road and after crossing the gurnee mills it was very quiet. Grand Ave goes till my home (12 miles from I-94 Gurnee mills exit).

Iam so relaxed now:thumbup:

Hooray!!! That's fantastic:thumbup: And especially since there will be a number of days that we can leave earlier than that!

And I was thinking that on weekends when we want to get together to study, we could even meet at the College of Lake County instead of going all the way out to school. They have a a nice library that is very quiet on the weekends...just an idea.

i tend to be impatient

i tend to be impatient

It's all good...Some of the best doctors are impatient :D

Hey, so are you all set and ready to go as far as all the logistics we need to get together for school? I still havent scheduled my physical or begun to track down my immunization records :hungover:

Hi I am trying to decide between Scholl or Temple. I have gotten into both and I have 8 days to decide. Please Help!!! Any advice?!?:confused:

Hi I am trying to decide between Scholl or Temple. I have gotten into both and I have 8 days to decide. Please Help!!! Any advice?!?:confused:

i did a pros and cons comparison. i compared tuition, locale, curriculum, school resources, workforce/employment opps (for husband), cost of living, interview, interaction with current students, etc.

you will get a feel for where you are most comfortable. :)

Well my first preference would be my family location. if my family is near chicago i would go to Scholl, if my family is near Philadelphia then i would go to Temple.

But if thats not an issue, then consider the cost of living, scholarship,if you are ethinic then which city has your community restaurants & grocerries, then safety,school system, library system,etc stuff. We are going to be there for 4 long yrs. So we have to be in a place which is the most comfortable for us.

Based on Academic, i found out that both of them are on the same level.

And I was thinking that on weekends when we want to get together to study, we could even meet at the College of Lake County instead of going all the way out to school. They have a a nice library that is very quiet on the weekends...just an idea.

Yeah thats a good idea:thumbup: . I like their library also, its very quiet. but are non-students allowed?

Yeah thats a good idea:thumbup: . I like their library also, its very quiet. but are non-students allowed?

Anyone is welcome there. The hours tend to be limited in the actual LRC, but the building itself is open til midnight. When I was commuting to DeKalb to finish up my degree, I would study at CLC on weekends.:)

It's all good...Some of the best doctors are impatient :D

Hey, so are you all set and ready to go as far as all the logistics we need to get together for school? I still havent scheduled my physical or begun to track down my immunization records :hungover:

I still have to get my polio booster, since I can't seem to locate those records, but I'm hoping to take care of that next week, as well as get a meningitis vaccine. How about you?

Have you decided where you are living? Do people living on campus move in the weekend of the 4th and 5th?

I'm excited for the packets that we'll be getting the first week of June! I wonder how many of us will really study the packets that they send. I know I will have good intentions, but....

I still have to get my polio booster, since I can't seem to locate those records, but I'm hoping to take care of that next week, as well as get a meningitis vaccine. How about you?

Have you decided where you are living? Do people living on campus move in the weekend of the 4th and 5th?

I'm excited for the packets that we'll be getting the first week of June! I wonder how many of us will really study the packets that they send. I know I will have good intentions, but....

I have done nothing as far as gathering up my health records for school. I need to set an appt with my doctor to get all of it taken care of, but I'm procrastinating bc I hate going to see the doc :p

Yeah, I've finally decided to live on campus (at least my first year). I got lucky with the lottery and got a single bedroom, so Im really looking forward to moving in. My contract is about $9100 for 10 months, which is not horrible considering Im coming from California real-estate central!

I didnt even know we were getting packets to study! Thats pretty cool...Is it for the test we're taking during orientation? I wonder what will be in it! How exciting! I cant wait!

Here are 10 tips for you 2011 Schollies...

1) First-year will come at you quick. Exams don't start for around a month after you begin classes, but they will come at you hard and quick. DO NOT blow off your Biochem pre-test. It's worth 3-4% of your grade in that class and you don't know how many people grades come down to +/- 1% and miss the grade. Don't expect sympathy... people miss the next highest grade by 1-2 questions out of hundreds, sometimes even by 1/2 of 1 question... and don't get the next highest grade. It just depends on the class.

2) You will learn to love to hate gross anatomy... don't blow the lab component b/c it's worth 50% of your grade and the class typically has the greatest room for a curve and thus better grade if you study. You CANNOT study for the anatomy practicals the weekend before... TRUST ME!

3) Once you get past the first set of classes (Gross anatomy, Structure and Function, and Biochem), the 2nd half of classes are much better

4) Make use of your first-year BBS professors. They are always around to help you. Get to know them and know them well! You will have much less accessibility for assistance from faculty in your 2nd-3rd year since they are mostly clinical faculty.

5) DO NOT DISRESPECT FACULTY! No matter how much you might not like a professor, do not piss him/her off! You will pay for it the remaining years you are at Scholl. It's a small campus... word travels like wildfire.

6) This is from my own experience... be consistent in your note taking. Either stick with paper or stick with laptop. It gets confusing when some of your stuff is written down and some of it is on your laptop. If you decide you still want to write notes (I estimate it's about 50/50 among the students), printing notes can get costly... but cost shouldn't matter. You're paying nearly $40,000/yr for tuition and housing and such... put forth another couple hundred $$$ and print all your notes large and in color. You will thank me for this.

7) FYI... If driving to campus, parking on some days can be full by 9-10am... sometimes there have been no spots available in both lots.

8) With good residencies becoming more of a premium, and your Part I boards (at end of 2nd year) being a Pass/Fail exam, your GPA matters. Other than research/activities/extracurriculars, it is the only thing that sets you apart from your classmates. I'm not one for competition among future physicians, but it does exist (at least for the so-called "power" residencies). You do not want to play catch-up. Get off to a good start.

9) There is a balance between studying, partying, and relaxing... if you don't find that balance, your grades will suffer. The successful students do all 3.

10) If you find yourself not doing well in school, look at the people around you and see what they are doing and adapt. Medical school is all about adaptation. Don't be afraid to see what successful students are doing and adjust on the fly. If you can't adapt, then what are you going to do in the O.R. when something happens suddenly and your patient goes sour on you?

If you guys and gals have any questions... shoot!

Good luck!
-The Big Kabob
SCPM c/o 2009

Thanks for all the advice (especially the parking info!) And I def plan on printing big and with color. I do it now in my classes, its quite costly but worth it. FastDraft saves a bit on ink and works fine for notes, just a little of my advice.

Here are 10 tips for you 2011 Schollies...

1) First-year will come at you quick. Exams don't start for around a month after you begin classes, but they will come at you hard and quick. DO NOT blow off your Biochem pre-test. It's worth 3-4% of your grade in that class and you don't know how many people grades come down to +/- 1% and miss the grade. Don't expect sympathy... people miss the next highest grade by 1-2 questions out of hundreds, sometimes even by 1/2 of 1 question... and don't get the next highest grade. It just depends on the class.

2) You will learn to love to hate gross anatomy... don't blow the lab component b/c it's worth 50% of your grade and the class typically has the greatest room for a curve and thus better grade if you study. You CANNOT study for the anatomy practicals the weekend before... TRUST ME!

3) Once you get past the first set of classes (Gross anatomy, Structure and Function, and Biochem), the 2nd half of classes are much better

4) Make use of your first-year BBS professors. They are always around to help you. Get to know them and know them well! You will have much less accessibility for assistance from faculty in your 2nd-3rd year since they are mostly clinical faculty.

5) DO NOT DISRESPECT FACULTY! No matter how much you might not like a professor, do not piss him/her off! You will pay for it the remaining years you are at Scholl. It's a small campus... word travels like wildfire.

6) This is from my own experience... be consistent in your note taking. Either stick with paper or stick with laptop. It gets confusing when some of your stuff is written down and some of it is on your laptop. If you decide you still want to write notes (I estimate it's about 50/50 among the students), printing notes can get costly... but cost shouldn't matter. You're paying nearly $40,000/yr for tuition and housing and such... put forth another couple hundred $$$ and print all your notes large and in color. You will thank me for this.

7) FYI... If driving to campus, parking on some days can be full by 9-10am... sometimes there have been no spots available in both lots.

8) With good residencies becoming more of a premium, and your Part I boards (at end of 2nd year) being a Pass/Fail exam, your GPA matters. Other than research/activities/extracurriculars, it is the only thing that sets you apart from your classmates. I'm not one for competition among future physicians, but it does exist (at least for the so-called "power" residencies). You do not want to play catch-up. Get off to a good start.

9) There is a balance between studying, partying, and relaxing... if you don't find that balance, your grades will suffer. The successful students do all 3.

10) If you find yourself not doing well in school, look at the people around you and see what they are doing and adapt. Medical school is all about adaptation. Don't be afraid to see what successful students are doing and adjust on the fly. If you can't adapt, then what are you going to do in the O.R. when something happens suddenly and your patient goes sour on you?

If you guys and gals have any questions... shoot!

Good luck!
-The Big Kabob
SCPM c/o 2009

I was wondering about the re-accreditation process Rosalind Franklin is going through. Is that something most schools go through and have you ever had worries about accreditaion problems with the school.

So what is orientation consistent of and is there a white coat ceremony at Scholl? :luck:

So what is orientation consistent of and is there a white coat ceremony at Scholl? :luck:

Here is the link for last year's orientation:
http://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/stud...e%20Scholl.doc

It's a 3-day thing and should be fun! (Aug 8, 9, 10th)

As far as white coat ceremony, at Scholl it takes place sometime during 2nd or 3rd year (I think 2nd), as opposed to some of the other schools that do it in the 1st year.

Orientation is going to be three days (usually from like 8am to 3ish). During orientation, you get to learn about the school more and other stuffs about the school that will be helpful.
White coat ceremony at Scholl happens at the beginning of your second year as a way of showing transition to clinics. We start clinic the beginning of our second year.

i did a pros and cons comparison. i compared tuition, locale, curriculum, school resources, workforce/employment opps (for husband), cost of living, interview, interaction with current students, etc.

you will get a feel for where you are most comfortable. :)

Thanks for the advice...i have decided to go to Scholl :luck:

Well my first preference would be my family location. if my family is near chicago i would go to Scholl, if my family is near Philadelphia then i would go to Temple.

But if thats not an issue, then consider the cost of living, scholarship,if you are ethinic then which city has your community restaurants & grocerries, then safety,school system, library system,etc stuff. We are going to be there for 4 long yrs. So we have to be in a place which is the most comfortable for us.

Based on Academic, i found out that both of them are on the same level.

Here is the link for last year's orientation:
http://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/stud...e%20Scholl.doc

It's a 3-day thing and should be fun! (Aug 8, 9, 10th)

As far as white coat ceremony, at Scholl it takes place sometime during 2nd or 3rd year (I think 2nd), as opposed to some of the other schools that do it in the 1st year.

Orientation is going to be three days (usually from like 8am to 3ish). During orientation, you get to learn about the school more and other stuffs about the school that will be helpful.
White coat ceremony at Scholl happens at the beginning of your second year as a way of showing transition to clinics. We start clinic the beginning of our second year.

Couple things to add...
1) RFUMS is accredited by program. Scholl's accreditation is fine... it was CMS's accreditation that needed to get back on track. They got off probationary status this year.

2) Because this will be the first time that both CMS and Scholl 1st year schedules start the same time because of the RFUMS unified academic calendar, this year's orientation will also consist of an event for both Med and Pod students

3) As far as I know, they are moving the ICM course (Introduction to Clinical Medicine) to your 1st year starting with the incoming SCPM 2011 class. So it will be both P1, P2, and M1 students in that class in this transition year... which makes me think white coat ceremony this year will include both P1 and P2 students, since the P1s, if enrolled in ICM, will be handling patients (though not in clinic yet). I'm not 100% on this though... I could find out.

-The Big Kabob
SCPM c/o 2009

glad to hear it. i am really excited about starting school. i still have alot to do to get ready to relocate though.

Justincredible,

the packets we are getting have study materials for anatomy and biochem; someone said that there is a huge failure rate for biochem...don't remember where I read it, but on that note, the packets are welcomed!

I can't wait to get our schedules! I'm sure the summer is just going to fly by.

:D
Couple things to add...
1) RFUMS is accredited by program. Scholl's accreditation is fine... it was CMS's accreditation that needed to get back on track. They got off probationary status this year.

2) Because this will be the first time that both CMS and Scholl 1st year schedules start the same time because of the RFUMS unified academic calendar, this year's orientation will also consist of an event for both Med and Pod students

3) As far as I know, they are moving the ICM course (Introduction to Clinical Medicine) to your 1st year starting with the incoming SCPM 2011 class. So it will be both P1, P2, and M1 students in that class in this transition year... which makes me think white coat ceremony this year will include both P1 and P2 students, since the P1s, if enrolled in ICM, will be handling patients (though not in clinic yet). I'm not 100% on this though... I could find out.

-The Big Kabob
SCPM c/o 2009

Thanks for all the info and advice! I know it probably sounds corny, but I can't wait for the white coat ceremony :D

Thanks for all the info and advice! I know it probably sounds corny, but I can't wait for the white coat ceremony :D

Me too! No, not corny!!! It'll be an exciting right of passage (so to speak)...

Yeah and I'm stoked about getting those study packets. I've been hungry for something to study before school starts. I've actually went back to my old MCAT books!!! haha :laugh:

Hello future RFUMSers. Congrats on your acceptance. If any of you need housing please read the description below- I will UNDERCUT anyone else in both price and quality that includes Woodlands and Campus Housing!!! I'm an M2 and homeowner who is looking for clean, courteous, and quiet students. Don't hesitate to email me if you have any housing questions or general questions about Chicago Medical School. Congrats again!

(2) spacious Rooms available for rent in Gurnee/Waukegan. There are only 2 other RFUMS female students (an M1 and PA) that will reside in this large house 2007-2008; both are quiet, courteous, and clean.

This newly constructed home is a fully furnished 2-story house with 8 total rooms, 2.5 baths, and 4 main floor rooms. There is also room furniture available for the rooms if needed.

Main Floor includes Italian Marble throughout first level that extends throughout a spacious, high-ceiling Living room & Dining room, both of which are Fully Furnished. French glass doors separate the large Dining Room from the modern Eat-in Kitchen Room which includes a Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Microwave, Toaster and Oven. Wide Backyard includes large patio and deck off main level which overlooks nature preserve and jogging trail (no backyard neighbors, quiet family housing area). Laundry room includes Washer and Dryer for anytime personal use. Cable and Wireless Internet available throughout the entire household. Attached 2-car Parking garage and FREE street parking also available. There is No additional cost for yard/lawn maintenance as it is included.

This is a new neighborhood that is student/professional friendly, quiet, and safe. There are also a number of grocery stores within walking distance.
***SEE PHOTOS***

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wauke...=&.done=http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

***SEE VIDEOS***
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W5Nz8Ulp_A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpqdsbwDpzg

A Medium room will be available as well as the Master Bedroom.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to email ([email protected]).

I know it probably sounds corny, but I can't wait for the white coat ceremony :D

Same here. i also cant wait for white coat ceremony. i dont know its just that feeling that u have achieved something after struggling in undergrad.

back home in india, we have whitecoat ceremony on the first day of med school and students have to wear whitecoats everyday in classes (doesnt matter if its lecture or clinicals). India follows the british traditional standards so everything goes by tradition there. here's the funny part though. they have mandatory white coats (in some med schools they are full sleeves) and the weather in india is usually in 80s with summer topping to 105-110F and they are not that rich to have aircondition in everyclass. so u can imagine how hot it cud get for the poor students who are wearing this coat in middle of summer in a class with no ac. he he he! it gets really wild there:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Okay, so this for current Scholl students. I'm going to return a few books today/tomorrow. I have an immunology book and a medical physiology book. Keep or sell back? If they will help at all, then I might as well keep them and sell them on ebay afer next year. Thanks!

Hi,

Looking for some feedback on cities in Southeastern Wisconsin....something nice, middle class and good schools. :) and resonable commute to Scholl!

Funfeet-
I was a physiology major, and I didn't once open my undergrad physio book here a couple years ago. As for medical immuno, the book you will use here (and is pretty much required as test questions came out of this book) is "Concise Medical Immunology" by Doan.
Most of your books for 1st year will be for Anatomy.

Txlioness-
Look into Kenosha (about 20-30 mins from RFUMS) or Racine (another 5 mins or so north of Kenosha). Several people in our class live up there and make the daily commute.

-Bigkabob
SCPM c/o 2009

Funfeet-
I was a physiology major, and I didn't once open my undergrad physio book here a couple years ago. As for medical immuno, the book you will use here (and is pretty much required as test questions came out of this book) is "Concise Medical Immunology" by Doan.
Most of your books for 1st year will be for Anatomy.

Txlioness-
Look into Kenosha (about 20-30 mins from RFUMS) or Racine (another 5 mins or so north of Kenosha). Several people in our class live up there and make the daily commute.

-Bigkabob
SCPM c/o 2009

Racine is at least another 10-15 mins north and the schools aren't anything to brag about. Racine also has some bad areas that rival Chicago's. Kenosha has quite a few nice areas, but it also has a few bad areas; be careful. I had a couple of friends who lived up there and loved it, but again, make sure you know which schools and such your kids will be going to! Not all Kenosha schools are fantastic.

Pleasant Prairie is another great burb that is a lot smaller than Kenosha, but borders it, so you have all of the conveniences of Kenosha with small town feel. Kenosha is quite a bit bigger and more Waukegan-like (60,000+).

People in WI are generally awesome and I've found a bit friendlier than in Northern IL. Although...that house is still for sale on my street!!! Carpooling...Studying...Alright, I'll give it a rest.:D

wow! people commute from racine to Scholl. that makes my commute look nothing (Spring grove to Scholl):) . But i wonder with gas prices going up , is it gonna be in budget to stay so far. Then the speeding laws are very strict in wisconsin. There are so many cops out there on highway waiting for you to cross the 65 speed line and give you ticket. and that tickets are really expensinve. i got one for $220 :( for speeding on 10 miles/hr above the limit:(

wow! people commute from racine to Scholl. that makes my commute look nothing (Spring grove to Scholl):) . But i wonder with gas prices going up , is it gonna be in budget to stay so far. Then the speeding laws are very strict in wisconsin. There are so many cops out there on highway waiting for you to cross the 65 speed line and give you ticket. and that tickets are really expensinve. i got one for $220 :( for speeding on 10 miles/hr above the limit:(

I know it sounds nuts to me too. My family and I make it a point to go to the Racine Zoo at least once a year and the drive is always at least 45 minutes and that is with speeding at 80+mph. The risk of speeding like that daily would have to catch up with you as you suggested, Cool.

The reality is that it would probably be fine for P1 and P2, but during clerkships it would be awfully difficult. The course description for one of the clerkships at Stroger says that it requires the students to be on call. This would be really hard for someone commuting 3-4 hours a day. I know I will probably have to stay at my in-laws' place in Elmwood Park (west side) during such times and I'm sure even that will be a hellatious commute.

And then you bring kids into it...you hate to move them 3 times in 7 years. It makes decisions even harder.

This is a bit off topic...but Racine has a zoo? Is it nice? I LOVE zoos!! yes i'm a little kid when it comes to zoos. I'm actually excited to live up there near Gurnee. I've lived in Champaign for 4 years, and theres not much but bars.

This is a bit off topic...but Racine has a zoo? Is it nice? I LOVE zoos!! yes i'm a little kid when it comes to zoos. I'm actually excited to live up there near Gurnee. I've lived in Champaign for 4 years, and theres not much but bars.

yep, it's a nice little donation only zoo with a botanical garden right on Lake Michigan. They have a nice range of animals, but it's not very big. You can see everything in just a couple of hours.

Have you been to the Milwaukee zoo? That is by far my favorite (even when considering Lincoln Park and Brookfield Zoos). I LOVE Milwaukee Zoo. It's all wooded and scenic and they have tons of animals. In the summer they have a sleepover in the reptile house! or they also have one out by the lagoon...but, be weary of goose poop!

They even have these great camps for kids where they get to help train the sea lions and stuff. I'm a big kids when it comes to zoos too!

yep, it's a nice little donation only zoo with a botanical garden right on Lake Michigan. They have a nice range of animals, but it's not very big. You can see everything in just a couple of hours.

Have you been to the Milwaukee zoo? That is by far my favorite (even when considering Lincoln Park and Brookfield Zoos). I LOVE Milwaukee Zoo. It's all wooded and scenic and they have tons of animals. In the summer they have a sleepover in the reptile house! or they also have one out by the lagoon...but, be weary of goose poop!

They even have these great camps for kids where they get to help train the sea lions and stuff. I'm a big kids when it comes to zoos too!

Never have been to Milwaukee zoo, so perhaps I'll make a trip up there one weekend. Thanks! Its sad, I'm more excited about going to see new zoos and living close to great america than school itself....but then again, I still have one final left of undergrad (at 1:30 actually haha). So I'm done with the whole school thing for the summer.

Never have been to Milwaukee zoo, so perhaps I'll make a trip up there one weekend. Thanks! Its sad, I'm more excited about going to see new zoos and living close to great america than school itself....but then again, I still have one final left of undergrad (at 1:30 actually haha). So I'm done with the whole school thing for the summer.

Good Luck on your last final! And you should concentrate on enjoying the summer; school will be here before we know it!