Scholl Class of 2015!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PeaJay

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's official the Scholl class of 2015 has begun to fill. Be on the lookout for a Facebook group soon. Would set one up now, but I still have to deal with a little thing called undergrad.

Members don't see this ad.

It's official the Scholl class of 2015 has begun to fill. Be on the lookout for a Facebook group soon. Would set one up now, but I still have to deal with a little thing called undergrad.

Congrats! I remember when I was in your shoes last year :thumbup:

Here is a blog one of the class of 2014 students started. He gives a week by week break down of how things have been so far. It's very, very accurate and I'm sure you all want to know what to expect from Scholl. http://rfupodiatry.com/wordpress/?author=9

If anyone has any questions about Scholl feel free to PM me.

feels so good, right?

do you know if there is a place where students exchange information about housing?

Members don't see this ad :)
It does feel good. I am so glad to be done with admissions.

As for housing, I am not aware of anywhere that there is housing information available. Maybe one of the current Scholl students could provide recommendations on where to live.....

Maybe one of the current Scholl students could provide recommendations on where to live.....

On campus housing is amazing! That would be my recommendation.

If you get a 2 bedroom with a roommate the rent comes out to around $750/month + electricity. My roommate and I had the AC blasting for the first month and our bill came out to $60 ($30 each) for 22 days (since it wasn't a full month). Heat is free! Which is a huge plus in Chicago.

The rooms are huge (~18ft x 12ft) with a decent closet (~10ft wide) and a normal bathroom. The living room is around 23ft x 18ft. Kitchen is basic but it's all you really need. The buildings are extremely clean and well kept, no funky smells. Plus if you are lucky enough to get a room in the first floor...~12ft tall ceilings.

You forgot to mention the bee infestation...

Hahaha...someone's been facebook stalking lol

That was a b**** but it was taken cared of. I still recommend the campus housing. It's sooo much cleaner, newer, and larger than the woodlands or any apartment I looked at in the area.

Do you guys know of any good places North of campus (Gurnee/Waukeegan)? My fiance is pretty much opposed to on campus housing, so I don't think I'll be living on campus anytime soon.

How are the faculties here? Are they new or old or clean?

TY,

Gimli, Son of Gloin

Gimli, Son of gloin,

The campus is a little older, but are well kept. While at my interview, I was able to tour the facilities and can attest to the cleanliness. The buildings are not brand new, but the technology within them has been kept up to date.

PeaJay

Last edited:
I finally got the facebook group up and running for those who are interested.

EDIT: Removed link to non-functioning FB group

Last edited:
Thanx for the advise. I went ahead and changed it.

Members don't see this ad :)
When i click the link it takes me to my home page. What should i type into the search to find the group? I tried scholl class of 2015 but it doesnt bring up any results

Hmmm....did you try the link I put up not the quoted one? I just tryed the link with my fiances fb account and it brought it to the page to request to join.... try again. If it doesn't work I'll have to find some way to fix it.

Like Peajay suggested, if you click on the original link it works. The quote does not.:thumbup:

Sweet, conformation that it works.....I thought I was going crazy for a second there.

ok well it looks like im the one who has something wrong. its not working lol. Any other way to get in? can u invite me in?

Hi i was curious about your opinions about the best way to get to the campus if you were flying to the airport? metrarail or taxi or something else??

i'm interviewing soon!!! i'm sooo excited

i understand its a panel interview. what kinds of questions did you get? pretty standard or tricky ones?

The panel interview consisted of three panel members. My panel had an academic personnel, a student, and an admissions member. I had no scores or anything to provide excuses for so my interview was focused on my accomplishments and why I want to be a podiatrist. They asked me to explain a little about my research, to tell them about my hobbies, whether I had any good jokes, and we had a long discussion about tutoring. the interview was nerve racking, but the panel members were friendly and really just wanted to get to know me better.

Bump....

Anyone else decide on Scholl?

so far we have two.....

I still can't get the class of 2015 facebook link to work for me...

I just created a new one. If you search "Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine Class of 2015" in the search bar on facebook, you will find it! Let me know if that works!

Thanks for making a new group. I've had nothing but trouble with the original page. I have tried everything to try and fix it, including contacting facebook admins, but have had no luck.

PeaJay

i have some questions about housing. as i'll be living hopefully on campus or the apartments nearby (because i got in and will prob be going here yay!) i was wondering if i'd be able to room with a cms student.

i ask because i know that i'd have to lease for 12 months. and i'd much rather live on campus. and i know that the person i'd like to room with will be an ms 2, so her lease would be 10 months. so for on campus housing, would that be possible?

and if i was at the woodland apartments, would that be an issue? bc basically i'd be in there myself for two months, so i'm assuming that that would be an issue for the apts and for the on campus housing.

so would i have to find another pod student to room with?

I know a P1 who is rooming with an M1 but I think both of them did the 12 month contract.

Congratulations to everyone accepted! I am also a future Scholl Class of 2015 student and so thrilled and excited with the decision! Anyone who has been accepted to Scholl and has not joined the facebook group, you should asap! It has been very helpful and a great connection! Again, Congrats!

does anyone know if scholl makes their match lists public?

i'd be interested in seeing the match list for this year