Scholl Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BoilerPod

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figured someone should start a thread for those who are deciding to go to Scholl in the fall. So I did. I'm really excited to start this journey and meet all of my future class!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Ditto :) Cannot wait to get started

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone and welcome to the Scholl family. Hopefully I (Class of 2018) will be able to be an orientation adviser for you guys.

First off, there are a couple of housing options:

Student housing (On-Campus housing)
http://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/prospectivestudents/studenthousing/apply.aspx

The Woodlands (Off-Campus housing; a 5min walk from the apt to the campus)
http://www.woodlandsongreenbay.com/home.html

Navy Housing (will need a car to drive to campus since it's less than a mile away, but too far to walk)
Have to look into it.

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask!

Best,

PrePodDoc

Reactions: 1 users
Have any of y'all received info on what we need to send before matriculation? I know we have to send final transcripts and probably immunization records but is there anything else? I'd like to get it all done soon so I don't forget something dumb and have to rush in July to get it done.

Have any of y'all received info on what we need to send before matriculation? I know we have to send final transcripts and probably immunization records but is there anything else? I'd like to get it all done soon so I don't forget something dumb and have to rush in July to get it done.

The school will notify you if they need something from you. You may have long lulls where you dont hear from the school, but dont fret they haven't forgotten you, you're just so far ahead in the application cycle. But off the top of my head you have nailed the major things i needed during the last cycle prior to matriculating. Congrats to all the acceptees

Do the DPM students take any classes with the MD students (besides the interdisciplinary course) during the first two years at Scholl?

Yes. Anatomy and ECR (clinical reasoning course x 2 years) not sure about p2 year yet, only a p1 here.

Just put down my deposit for Scholl :)

Anyone know if we are supposed to be doing anything right now?

Anyone know if we are supposed to be doing anything right now?

I haven't heard anything since acceptance emails. I feel like I should be doing something haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an e-mail about an Accepted Students Day. Anyone going?

Thinking about it. But I'm from Texas so it's not exactly an easy weekend trip to make. What about you?

cant wait to get started! I put down my deposit last week!

Reactions: 3 users
So Excited! Looking forward to next year :D

Thinking about it. But I'm from Texas so it's not exactly an easy weekend trip to make. What about you?

If you are close by, go to the accepted students day. I'm out of state and did not attend mine and was not at any disadvantage this year

Anybody thought about living arrangements yet? My fiancé and I are trying to find a sublet. Hoping to buy a Townhome. Any advice from current students would be great!

Does anyone want to start a facebook group for the class of 2019? Making it closed would be a good idea so that people can find roommates and things. PM me if you are interested and then I can get a couple people together to start it, that way we can keep our sdn identities separate. Hard to believe that I have been on here for 5 years now-who knows what high school me was angsty about lol. Cheers and Happy Holidays to everyone!

Anybody thought about living arrangements yet? My fiancé and I are trying to find a sublet. Hoping to buy a Townhome. Any advice from current students would be great!

My fiancé and I have been looking a little bit. We have a trip planned in May to go look around and get an idea of what commuting will be like from the different areas. Because she will be working downtown so at least one of us will be commuting.

If you want you can PM me and I'll give you the details I've gotten from people that live in the Chicago area. I don't know much but I'd be more than happy to pass along the info that I've been given so far.

In case anyone was interested, the application for on-campus housing opens on Jan 2.

The Admins will create a Facebook for you guys (they did that for the class of 2018). It's probably still too early lol Don't forget about the off-campus housing, The Woodlands on Green Bay, which is pretty much the same distance from the school as the On-campus option.

Are we supposed to fill out FAFSA now?

Anyone going to the Accepted Students Day next weekend?

Also does anyone have any insight into what the surrounding area of North Chicago is like? Quality of living/restaurants/attractions/safety/etc?

Most of the surrounding area is great. Gurnee (just a bit north of campus) is very nice. There are lots of stores and restaurants there, as well as a nice mall. Lake Bluff and Lake Forest (just south of campus ) are also nice areas. The only area that can be sketchy right there is Waukegan, and not necessarily all of it is sketchy. Six Flags is less than 10 minutes from campus too.

Do the DPM students take any classes with the MD students (besides the interdisciplinary course) during the first two years at Scholl?
Yes. You'll be taking classes with medical students, pharm students, PA etc. in both first and second years. P1 year, its anatomy (with meds), Essentials of clinical reasoning (with meds), Neuro (with path assistants and PT), Structure and Function (with path assistants) and Micro and Immuno (with pharms). P2 year, its pathology (meds and path assistants), pharmacology (with pharms) and ECR II (with meds). Good Luck!

Hello all,

Just got accepted to Scholl, CSPM and AZPOD. Having a tough time deciding. Anyone mind sharing why they chose Scholl? Thanks!

Scholl just felt like the right fit for me. I am originally from the area and have family close by. I felt like I fit in with the students that we met, a feeling I didn't get at other schools. The comment about the weather is true. I was also drawn to the clinical education in the city. You can't get much better than Chicago for that. I didn't interview at AZPOD or SCPM either, so I can't comment there. I had a really hard time deciding between Scholl and DMU, but Scholl won out for me.

Has anyone been notified in regards to scholarships?

Scholl just felt like the right fit for me. I am originally from the area and have family close by. I felt like I fit in with the students that we met, a feeling I didn't get at other schools. The comment about the weather is true. I was also drawn to the clinical education in the city. You can't get much better than Chicago for that. I didn't interview at AZPOD or SCPM either, so I can't comment there. I had a really hard time deciding between Scholl and DMU, but Scholl won out for me.

Im trying to decide between Scholl and DMU as well, what factors led you to pick Scholl? Im leaning towards Scholl but would just like additional input!

I was in the same boat. I'm originally from the Chicago area, so Scholl felt like home for me. The big thing was that I couldn't see a better place to experience medicine than chicago. I couldn't see how Des Moines was going to give me the same variety and volume in patients than chicago would. There are more hospitals and more residency programs in Chicago. I felt like I "fit in" more with the students that I met at Scholl than I did with the students at DMU.

Happy to say that I've been accepted to Scholl and have placed my deposit! DMU had been my first choice from the beginning so this was a really hard decision to make. In the end, I felt that Scholl could offer me everything DMU could, in addition to the fact that Chicago is much bigger than Des Moines. What I loved most was the fact that Scholl seemed to have the best of both worlds in regards to a small town feel but with the benefit of having a huge city just down the highway. I also loved the larger class size. Just my 0.02. Can't wait to meet you all!

Reactions: 4 users
Has anybody looked into housing yet?

I applied for the student housing, but won't hear back about that until like April. Other than that, I've just been looking at apartments and townhouses nearby.

Anyone else married or going to be moving with a significant other?

Anyone else married or going to be moving with a significant other?
Congrats Everyone!!!

Got accepted few days ago. Still undecided between Scholl and CSPM. If I go for Scholl, I will move with my family.

Congrats Everyone!!!

Got accepted few days ago. Still undecided between Scholl and CSPM. If I go for Scholl, I will move with my family.

Best of luck with your decision!

I have my interview here next week. I will be flying into Midway and taking the Metro up. Is it difficult to get to the Metro from Midway? Thanks!

This is going to take you quite a while. Probably around 2 hours. Your going to have to take CTA orange to the loop and switch to metra. Make sure you allocate lots of time to get up to scholl.

I remember walking a very long way from the gate to the cta station. Also i remember waiting a while for the cash only ticket vending machine, but that was 2 yrs ago.