Scholl Mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vincenzo333

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying to podiatry school next year. My GPA is 3.5 and my extra c's are:
1 year ER hospital volunteer, 1 year Shadowing a Radiation Oncologist, 3 months shadowing a podiatrist.....and more

I was wondering what a sure MCAT score for acceptance into Scholl would be.

thank you all for your time

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry I forget to mention a question for the application:

My mother was born in Brazil and that technically makes me 50 % Latino...would it help me to put that on my application?

thanks

You'll get in for sure with a 20 on the MCAT. Looks like you switched from MD/DO to podiatry? Or was the 1 year ER and Radiology just general medical experience? Anyway, you shouldn't have any problems and don't need to try and pull the "50%" latino card in the application. Your stats are all they look at, and they'll meet you in person at the interview and see that you're 50% latino/brazillian. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry I forget to mention a question for the application:

My mother was born in Brazil and that technically makes me 50 % Latino...would it help me to put that on my application?

thanks

Oh god, don't pull this crap.

Anyways, your stats are fine just don't bomb the mcat.

No, you do not need to do very well on your MCAT for an acceptance (as pathetic as it is). However, if you are interested in any sort of merit-based scholarship from scholl (like the 1/2 tuition first year scholarship), I would highly recommend getting a 28/29 or higher on your MCAT to improve your chances of receiving such money. So ask yourself a question, is studying your ***-off worth 12,000 dollars?

I'm actually hitting upper 30's on practice tests now....If I were to get a 35+ (which I think I can) you guys think I can get a full ride? or is that not heard of for podiatry schools?

I'm still undecided.....but after shadowing a pod I knew that the job was right to me.

thank you all for your answers

Take it from me, upper 30s on practice tests dont mean upper 30s on the real thing... i found that out the hard way. However, you will almost be guaranteed a half-tuition scholarship if you get a really good MCAT score. Just apply early. I don thtink they give full rides...

Take it from me, upper 30s on practice tests dont mean upper 30s on the real thing... i found that out the hard way. However, you will almost be guaranteed a half-tuition scholarship if you get a really good MCAT score. Just apply early. I don thtink they give full rides...

I found it out the hard way too. I was getting around a 36 consistently and wound up with a 25 on the real thing!

Scholl gave I think 2 full rides for the class of 2011... so aim high!

wow ok that's good to know!!!

Thanks everyone and have a good holiday!!!