Scholl, Temple, or Kent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Certified Corsair

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not looking for much, I just have two questions based on these schools.

Is there one that offers a better chance at residencies in MA over the others? And, on a completely different note, is paying a little extra for a 2 bedroom really that much different between the schools?

I know Kent is a little cheaper than the other two, but I was just hoping to hear from some students at any of these schools and what they pay in total a month. My girlfriend and I could do about $1300 a month for everything directly associated with the living expenses but that is absolute max. I am more interested in hearing about living than the residency part, but just in case anyone can answer both.

Just trying to see what options there are between the schools to help make decisions, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

My girlfriend and I rent a 3 bedroom house with a decent amount of land for about $1400 a month, but much cheaper housing can be found, both apartments and houses. I suggest doing some searching on zillow to get an idea for living at each school. As for the residency question, I believe any of these schools would give you the chance to match in MA, so long as you extern at the residencies you want and have the grades.

My girlfriend and I rent a 3 bedroom house with a decent amount of land for about $1400 a month, but much cheaper housing can be found, both apartments and houses. I suggest doing some searching on zillow to get an idea for living at each school. As for the residency question, I believe any of these schools would give you the chance to match in MA, so long as you extern at the residencies you want and have the grades.
where do you live currently, if you don't mind me asking. Was it one of the options the school gives you?

Members don't see this ad :)
It doesn't matter where you go to school for residency purposes. If you want to go back to MA then just do all your 4th year externships in MA. Also for Kent, you can easily find nice 2-3 bedrooms for $900-1200 on sites like zillow. Usually they're 10-20 min away from school. I suggest Parma, Broadview Heights, or North Royalton