School Advice for 3.92, 31P Hawaii

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HawaiiDoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Attended University of Hawaii-Hilo

Current School List (need to keep minimum due to costs)
  • University of Hawaii (JABSOM)
  • Keck School of Medicine (my one reach school I hope for!!)
  • University of Utah
  • Loma Linda
  • Creighton
  • Drexel
  • Temple
  • Jefferson Medical College

I prefer to stay on the West Coast, and in "minority friendly" places.
I just really need help on advice on whether this school list looks good (what my chances are), and maybe other school choices that are good. I am unsure of Utah being okay-- I know they have a 20%-ish out of state acceptance-- but not sure if that is only because of them helping the neighboring states w/o med schools.

Please advise! I appreciate any help on chances I might have at these schools (or other ones).

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yeah... I agree the state itself may not be so much-- but I do know there is a significant population of Hawaii people that go to that school (for undergrad at least).

Was just hoping on that... I'll look more into that. Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I though Creighton was in Omaha, Nebraska. Is that area minority friendly? Just wondering.
The MSAR (available in the prehealth advising office) gives the race/ethnicity % for the last class of each school. Creighton lists 103/126 white, 5 Hispanic, 15 Asian, 4 black, 1 Native American, 1 native Hawaiian. Further specific breakdown is available.