1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

School after the MCAT...

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by OnMyWayThere, Apr 21, 2004.

1. OnMyWayThere

OnMyWayThere OMS-III
    10+ Year Member

It seems as though everytime I visit the MCAT forum on SDN I leave feeling horrible because I find a question I got wrong...

So here is a cheerful post... it is 3 days past the MCAT and I just took a Bio exam and it seemed SO MUCH EASIER than the instructor's previous exams.

Exams administered from school will be MUCH EASIER now... especially multiple guess exams. So on a better note, even if I do end up taking this bloody MCAT again, I will rock for the rest of the semester in school! There IS a bright side.

:D

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. LauraMac

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i feel the opposite way. after all this studying i am done. i just have reached my limit and don't want to do anymore work at all. 6 more days, and i'm done, though... so that's good. it's just that i have A LOT to learn in the next 6 days.

4. acwynn

acwynn Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I agree. The MCAT felt like the biggest, baddest final ever and it feels like I should be done.

5. OnMyWayThere

OnMyWayThere OMS-III
    10+ Year Member

I felt the same way up until this morning. I woke up and said, ahhh, it's over. I also planned a weekend trip this weekend and it makes things a lot easier.

Organic test tonight.... actually looking forward to it! These tests are making me feel better and not so friggin stupid like the MCAT did!!!

6. princessd3

princessd3 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I agree with the O.P. studying for the MCAT made me a better multiple choice test taker. I had exams that I couldn't study for because I was studying for the MCAT. I just used my sense of reasoning and process of elimination and got ninties on both of my exams. Had I not studied for the MCAT I would have gotten bogged down with all the little details that probably would not have helped me on exams such as those which required you to just understand the big picture.

7. fun8stuff

fun8stuff *hiding from patients*
    15+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I feel the same way. Since the MCAT, I have become ~1-2 weeks behind in some classes and I don't feel like catching up. Studying for the MCAT has made me a better test taker for some multiple guess tests, but not all. My immunology professor loves it that he has the hardest exams. They are in "multiple-multiple format"

i.e. Where is Ferris State University?
    I. In Michigan
    II. Grand Rapids
    III. Big Rapids
    IV. Mecosta County
    V. Muskegon County
    A. I, II, IV
    B. II, III, V
    C. II, V
    D. II, IV
    E. I, III, IV

BLAH!