School after the MCAT...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OnMyWayThere

OMS-III
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems as though everytime I visit the MCAT forum on SDN I leave feeling horrible because I find a question I got wrong...

So here is a cheerful post... it is 3 days past the MCAT and I just took a Bio exam and it seemed SO MUCH EASIER than the instructor's previous exams.

Exams administered from school will be MUCH EASIER now... especially multiple guess exams. So on a better note, even if I do end up taking this bloody MCAT again, I will rock for the rest of the semester in school! There IS a bright side.

:D

Members don't see this ad.

i feel the opposite way. after all this studying i am done. i just have reached my limit and don't want to do anymore work at all. 6 more days, and i'm done, though... so that's good. it's just that i have A LOT to learn in the next 6 days.

LauraMac said:
i feel the opposite way. after all this studying i am done. i just have reached my limit and don't want to do anymore work at all.
I agree. The MCAT felt like the biggest, baddest final ever and it feels like I should be done.

I felt the same way up until this morning. I woke up and said, ahhh, it's over. I also planned a weekend trip this weekend and it makes things a lot easier.

Organic test tonight.... actually looking forward to it! These tests are making me feel better and not so friggin stupid like the MCAT did!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with the O.P. studying for the MCAT made me a better multiple choice test taker. I had exams that I couldn't study for because I was studying for the MCAT. I just used my sense of reasoning and process of elimination and got ninties on both of my exams. Had I not studied for the MCAT I would have gotten bogged down with all the little details that probably would not have helped me on exams such as those which required you to just understand the big picture.

LauraMac said:
i feel the opposite way. after all this studying i am done. i just have reached my limit and don't want to do anymore work at all. 6 more days, and i'm done, though... so that's good. it's just that i have A LOT to learn in the next 6 days.

I feel the same way. Since the MCAT, I have become ~1-2 weeks behind in some classes and I don't feel like catching up. Studying for the MCAT has made me a better test taker for some multiple guess tests, but not all. My immunology professor loves it that he has the hardest exams. They are in "multiple-multiple format"

i.e. Where is Ferris State University?
I. In Michigan
II. Grand Rapids
III. Big Rapids
IV. Mecosta County
V. Muskegon County
A. I, II, IV
B. II, III, V
C. II, V
D. II, IV
E. I, III, IV

BLAH!