school and un-Motivated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drtongue_danger

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know about many others but since i got accteped in Nov. I have had a hard time working in school. My thoughts are I am in medical school, I don't need to get great grades, I just need to pass. I am so ready to get out of my undergrad town and move on the medical school. Has this been happening to anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

lol, don't worry about it dude. I think most people feel this way after they get in (unless they're done, of course). I really wish I was on a semester system. Not only do I have to get through finals for winter, but also spring quarter. So far, I've still been pretty busy, and I don't have too much time to slack (although, it's become more apparent now). Just hang in there until August or so. At least most of the stress is off.

Just to add a little note, the way I think of it is, I've been working my tail off to do well in undergrad for the past 3 1/2 years. Why blow it now?

This is quite common. You are so ready to close the doors on the premed chapter of your life and open the med school chapter.

Hang in there. It is almost here. Don't mess up the end of your classes though because you can lose your acceptance at some schools if you do below what you normally do.

And a word of advice enjoy ALL your FREE time before starting classes. Relax, RELAX and RELAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck and hang in there.

Members don't see this ad :)
drtongue_danger said:
I don't know about many others but since i got accteped in Nov. I have had a hard time working in school. My thoughts are I am in medical school, I don't need to get great grades, I just need to pass. I am so ready to get out of my undergrad town and move on the medical school. Has this been happening to anyone else?
well, your thoughts are correct, just pass............I think my last semester I got a 2.33 GPA, it was great. :)

drtongue_danger said:

I think you are experiencing something that you will experience for the next few years of your life. I found that certain times during med school I have been ready to conquer the world. And at other times I have the mentality of just wanting to get by.

That's Medical school and medicine in general, ups and downs. Sometimes you'll feel that you are studying and that you'll some day find the cure for cancer and other days, when you are run down and losing all motivation, you'll be happy to just know enough to get by.

I tell my fiancee all of the time, the next few years are a rollercoaster ride and all we can do is buckle-up and enjoy the ride.

Chisel
PCOM 2006