School choosing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mboy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know what to do.
Which one is better? And why?
1) touro college of dentistry
2) NYU dentistry school

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know what to do.
Which one is better? And why?
1) touro college of dentistry
2) NYU dentistry school

I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here. (This is just my personal opinion. I'm sure others have different views.)

Touro's avg gpa for the entering class last year was around 3.4 and dat in the 20s. They were just trying to establish their first class last year, but I'd say those stats are still pretty competitive and similar to those of other schools. Plenty of people at my interview this year had very high gpas and dat scores and were intent on attending the school. It has everything NYU has to offer plus more (at least in my opinion). Short train ride into the city. Cheaper tuition. Cheaper cost of living. Smaller class size. A distinguished faculty. NY Med also has an incredible reputation. Sure it's a new dental school, but the people leading it know what they're doing. If you ever have the luxury of speaking with those people, you'll understand that :)

Upon turning down NYU, NYU actually emailed me to find out where else I was going which I found interesting lol.