Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

school confirmation

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by ohgee, Sep 6, 2002.

1. ohgee

ohgee Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi,

Do you guys call to check if the schools received the checks, photographs etc? I called Columbia and BU and both of them said they can't check for me right now. Or do you just wait till the schools mail you the card telling you they received them? Do they mail only after they received the AADSAS info?

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DesiDentist

DesiDentist G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
    Moderator Emeritus Exhibitor 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    I called Columbia yesterday and asked him about my application and he put me on hold and got my app and was just like, "what are you DAT scores?" So I just assumed he received everything else. Sometimes phones are ringing off the hook and the dean is coming in the door and chaos is going all over the place. That's why, they might have given you the cold shoulder. I called Case yesterday and they said they haven't received my check or my recs yet and I sent them a month ago. So sometimes the schools courier service is very slow. NYU said that things are so chaotic right now that they aren't even looking at any apps until middle to the end of september.

DesiDentist

4. ohgee

ohgee Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks...DesiDentist.

:)

5. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    Calling to check your application status is corny, however I highly recommend calling to check the status of your application items. Specifically, whether fees or letters were received. After all, many schools won't consider your app. complete unless they have these items. Early December is NOT the time you want to find out that your check was stolen in the mail, or misplaced.