CoronaBOY

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2002
TX
Status (Visible)
is that just my school?
medical physiology is not so medical at all...
bunch of ph D profs come in and 'brag' about their own research...
none of the course material got nothing to do with actual USMLE content...
wouldn't give any help nor willing to accept the fact that they suck and too arrogant and stuck up to change their lecture format...

I'm in med school for god sake...I ain't bust my ass to get here so that i can learn about stupid renal system in Grad school's point of view and wat's important for them...

man...wat am I gonna do now...I have to study for school exam and USMLE and NBME separately and by my damn self...

if ya'll school is like this let me know...so we can bitch and grieve together...

chef

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2001
Status (Visible)
do u go to 'us news research top10' school? faculty there are mostly research hotshots and they seem to wanna talk about their research more than prep u for step1.

About the Ads

SunnyS81

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2002
Dallas, TX
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Sucks to be you, guy. I'm at "US news top 10" med school and I think our PhD's do a good job presenting relavent material (I haven't taken the USMLE yet). At best, they will say at one point in the lecture "This is what I do research in" when covering one slide. No extra detail is given, they just move on.

12R34Y

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2000
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
This is ridiculous............"I'm in top-10 school blah blah".

it is amazing how the other 100 or so schools manage to train great physicians year after year for decades..........they all eventually pass USMLE etc.....

To the first poster: My guess is that you school currently has 3rd and 4th years.. they passed the USMLE didn't they.

don't worry about it. It's first year. You'll be fine and you'll do fine on the boards when they roll around.

We all deal with Ph.D's teaching most of our basic sciences.

later

BiggMann79

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2003
Status (Visible)
I would be more concerned about your undergraduate English education than your medical school physiology education.:D :D

Jalby

I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.
15+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2001
La La land, having moved on with life.
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
The funny thing is both of the people who go to a top ten med school go to the same top ten med school. I've been quite lucky in that only in the past week have I gotten those kind of lectures about the professors research. Of course, it was a one week skin block and the last week of school, so I don't have much to complain about.

Vincristine

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2004
Boston
www.hejweca.org
Status (Visible)
to the OP: if you're only an M1, hold out for a while longer, but it wasn't until M2 that my curriculum seemed to at all involve around Step 1. If you're an M2, I know there are many who share your pain and it's a widespread problem of undergraduate medical education -- there's no way MD's are going to teach pre-clinical courses, so we are left with PhD's who don't necessarily understand our needs.

starayamoskva

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2003
Orlando, FL
www.cristall.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by chef
do u go to 'us news research top10' school? faculty there are mostly research hotshots and they seem to wanna talk about their research more than prep u for step1.

Funny how I am not at a top ten school but the book that 80% of schools are using to teach physiology was written by a prof from my school. Gotta love Guyton and Hall.

DrBravesgirl

Surgeon for a year
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 5, 2002
chicago
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by starayamoskva
Funny how I am not at a top ten school but the book that 80% of schools are using to teach physiology was written by a prof from my school. Gotta love Guyton and Hall.

i was under the impression most schools used either berne and levy, or a costanzo book (not the BRS one, but the other stuff she's put out).

CoronaBOY

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2002
TX
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by BiggMann79
I would be more concerned about your undergraduate English education than your medical school physiology education.:D :D

yeah, I've been living in states not that long...I still got into med school...and doin pretty good...
so you can drop that joke, making fun of other ppl's bad english and kiss my a$$... I just asked about other schools...didn't ask you to analyze my grammer and make jokes about it...
by the way...you speak any other language fluently besides English? again...grow up, will ya?

BiggMann79

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by CoronaBOY
yeah, I've been living in states not that long...I still got into med school...and doin pretty good...
so you can drop that joke, making fun of other ppl's bad english and kiss my a$$... I just asked about other schools...didn't ask you to analyze my grammer and make jokes about it...
by the way...you speak any other language fluently besides English? again...grow up, will ya?

Sorry, it did not sound like someone who was new to the English language but more like a redneck or person from Texas or Arkansas (both places I've lived, so I don't say that as an insult). You are right, I don't speak any other languages fluently. My apologies.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.