School List - 3.98, 524 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Paperorplastic98

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if you guys could help me out on making a school list. Worried about yield protection and shooting to high as OHSU is somewhat biased against younger applicants (will be entering my Senior year)

1. GPA: 3.98 cGPA and sGPA
  2. MCAT: 524 (132/129/132/131)
  3. Residence: Oregon
  4. Majored in Biology, minored in Spanish and Chemistry with Medical Humanities Certificate
  5. White male
  6. Clinical Experience
    1. Scribing in ED and Orthopedic Clinic (have already completed 750 hours, will start back up in a week and work at the ED for this next year)
    2. Scribe for Free Clinic (75 hours)
  7. Research: about 500 hours completed, will continue this throughout the year, have a poster presentation at my school's conference
  8. Shadowing: 40 hours with varying specialties
  9. Nonclinical Volunteering:
    - 100 hours TA for Spanish and undergrad microbio course, 50 hours mentoring Syrian refugee high school student, 50 hours performing eye exams for HeadStart students, 75 hours volunteering in elementary Spanish-speaking classroom, 50 hours tutoring at risk high school Seniors
  10. Honors/awards: Full ride to undergrad
  11. Immediate family member in medicine: No
  12. Interest in rural medicine: No
School List:
OHSU
Illinois
Emory
UCLA
UCSD
Ohio St
U of A - Phoenix
Cincinatti
Michigan
Loma Linda
Tulane
UCSF
Pitt
Case Western
Mayo Clinic
NYU
Stanford
Vandy
Baylor
Tufts
Duke
Florida
Yale

Members don't see this ad.

Loma is a religiously affiliated school - make sure you fit the bill and are ok with upholding their values and code of conduct.

I would consider removing some of the lower programs on your list and aiming a bit higher:
USC
UTSW
Columbia
Dartmouth
Chicago
WUSTL
Penn
UW

Loma is a religiously affiliated school - make sure you fit the bill and are ok with upholding their values and code of conduct.

I would consider removing some of the lower programs on your list and aiming a bit higher:
USC
UTSW
Columbia
Dartmouth
Chicago
WUSTL
Penn
UW

Thank you for your input! Would you consider taking out schools like Tufts, Tulane, and Illinois then and adding those schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
You could remove state public schools such as Illinois, Florida and Arizona Phoenix. Consider adding these schools:
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Rochester
Washington University ( almost a guaranteed interview with your stats)
U Chicago
Northwestern
Kaiser

Thank you for the input! I will definitely apply to those schools now.