MD School list - 4.0 GPA / 511 MCAT / non-traditional

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vm91x

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I am an international student from Europe, and I plan on applying to medical schools in the upcoming days. That said, I was hoping you could help me with schools I should apply to. I believe that only private schools accept international students.

My stats:

-MCAT 511 (Phy/Chem 530, CARS 526, Bio/Biochem 526, Psy/Soc 129)
-Bachelor's degree from a foreign school (doesn't count for most of US med schools)
-Master's degree in Kinesiology (GPA: 4.0)
-Post-bac coursework/prerequisites (GPA: 4.0)

-Research: Master's Thesis and 3 research courses (2 in biochem, 1 in physics; =200 hrs of work)
-60 hrs non-clinical community service abroad (working with disabled children/adults)
-80 hrs of physician shadowing abroad + 60 hrs physician shadowing in the US
-120 hrs of clinical observation/internship at the heart center (stress lab, cardiac rehab)
-200 hours volunteering in the ER
-40 hrs volunteering in Anatomy lab, dissecting cadavers
-1300 hrs of work in a hospital (9 months) - as an exercise physiologist, performing stress tests, etc.

These are the schools that I am currently considering:

-Rosalind Franklin
-Dartmouth
-Georgetown
-Howard
-Loma Linda
-New York Medical College
-Saint Louis
-Stony Brook
-Tulane
-Davis
-David Geffen
-West Virginia
-U of Chicago - Pritzker (a long shot, I know, but I figured I should try one - you never know)

So what do you guys think? Do I have significant chances of getting accepted into any of these schools? Any additional suggestions/schools I should apply to?

Members don't see this ad.

UC Davis accepted only one non resident 2 years ago. Howard accepts mainly URM and U Chicago is a far reach. You could add these schools:
Wayne State
St. Louis
Medical College Wisconsin
Jefferson
George Washington

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much for your help! I guess my MCAT is decent enough not to need to apply to DO schools? I am most worried about my 126 in Bio/Biochem, which was a fluke.

UC Davis accepted only one non resident 2 years ago. Howard accepts mainly URM and U Chicago is a far reach. You could add these schools:
Wayne State
St. Louis
Medical College Wisconsin
Jefferson
George Washington