School List? 512 MCAT, 3.84 sGPA, 3.8 GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

route99

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I was wondering how to narrow down my school list. I am a TX resident so I plan on applying to most of those schools.
GPA: 3.8
sGPA: 3.84
MCAT: 512

I worked as an EMT for 150 hours and a tutor for 200 hours. I did research for one year but didn't really like it. I shadowed various places for 100 hours and went on a medical brigade for 60 hours. I am an officer of my scholarship organization (President), train people for volunteering at the hospital, and am a mentor in my scholarship program. I've volunteered at the hospital for 150 hours, a political organization for 30 hours, a hospice center for 30 hours, and started a program to mentor disadvantaged kids for 50 hours. I am a SHPEP ambassador and have a full ride in undergrad. Along with most Texas schools I am planning on applying to these schools, but need to narrow them down (or don't know if I should). Anything would help!

Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine
Tulane University School of Medicine
Rush Medical College
Albany School of Medicine
University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville
Tufts University
UC-Irvine
UCLA
Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine
University of Alabama at Birmingham
University of Illinois
Drexel University College of Medicine
George Washington School of Medicine
Georgetown University School
Sidney Kimmel Medical College
Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University

Members don't see this ad.

OOS MD schools interview few Texas applicants with your stats since they know from years of experience that Texas applicants will attend a Texas school. For AMCAS schools you could try TCU-UNT and Tulane. Apply to all of your Texas MD and DO schools.

Reactions: 1 user