MD School list? 516/3.96

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fishzebra

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! Mainly looking for advice/potential changes to my school list. I'm sort of considering applying MD/PhD but am concerned about limited research experience so also looking for advice on that.

cGPA: 3.96
sGPA: 3.90
MCAT: 516 (129/131/127/129)

NY resident, white female
large private catholic undergrad

200 clinical volunteer hours (closer to 300 after the summer)
250 non-clinical volunteer hours

450 research hours (700 after the summer) in a zebrafish cancer lab. no pubs, no presentations, no posters.

25 hours shadowing family doc

other ec's are super basic: 1 philanthropy-based leadership role in greek life org, starting as biochem TA in the fall

here's my school list as of right now:
Albert Einstein
Mt Sinai
SUNY Downstate
NYU (lol)
Cornell
Rush
Loyola Stritch
Rosalind Franklin
Northwestern
Pritzker
UIC
Boston University
Tufts
George Washington
Georgetown
Drexel
Keck USC
Saint Louis
Oregon HSU (applying MD/PhD only)

It's super important to me to be in an urban area (ideally NYC or chicago) so that shaped my school list a lot. But any additions/removals are welcome.

Members don't see this ad.

Wait maybe not, I thought it was 200 combined (clinic and NC) be its 200 each. Sorry bout that.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Could add Tulane and Wayne State, both are in urban areas

You could add these schools:
Temple
Jefferson
Miami
Hofstra
Stony Brook
New York Medical College
Rochester
Seton Hall
Wayne State
Kaiser
California University
TCU-UNT

Keep:
Albert Einstein
Mt Sinai
Cornell
Loyola Stritch
Boston University
Tufts
Keck USC
Saint Louis
Oregon HSU
Thank you! Any particular reason for removing SUNY downstate, UIC, rush, and drexel? I am in pretty good stats ranges for all of them going based off of LizzyM so I'm wondering if I'm missing something. And I feel like I'd have a good shot at SUNY downstate because I'm a NY resident.

Also, I feel like I'm pretty comparable numbers-wise for northwestern vs sinai, so why do you suggest removing northwestern but keeping sinai?

I get the reasoning behind NYU and pritzker for sure.

Finally, are there any you'd suggest adding in?

Thank you! Any particular reason for removing SUNY downstate, UIC, rush, and drexel? I am in pretty good stats ranges for all of them going based off of LizzyM so I'm wondering if I'm missing something. And I feel like I'd have a good shot at SUNY downstate because I'm a NY resident.

Also, I feel like I'm pretty comparable numbers-wise for northwestern vs sinai, so why do you suggest removing northwestern but keeping sinai?

I get the reasoning behind NYU and pritzker for sure.

Finally, are there any you'd suggest adding in?
The higher up the pole you want to climb, the slipperier it gets.

Add ALL SUNYs,

Other state schools favor the home team. And Have you seen UIC's OOS tuition??????

Rush and Drexel will likely resource protect you out.