School List 522 MCAT 4.0 GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefulfuturemed

Reaction score
school list

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Also, should I add Baylor and Brown to my list? Why are Baylor and Brown considered "low-yield"?

Also, should I add Baylor and Brown to my list? Why are Baylor and Brown considered "low-yield"?
Baylor matriculated only 38 OOS last year but they interview ~10% of OOS who complete secondaries. Brown admits 85 through AMCAS and also over 45 Brown undergraduates through a special program with the undergraduate school.

Reactions: 1 user
You should receive several interviews from your list. You could add these schools:
Kaiser
Rochester
Pittsburgh
UVA

You should receive several interviews from your list. You could add these schools:
Kaiser
Rochester
Pittsburgh
UVA

Thank you so much for your feedback and guidance. :)

Do you think my list is balanced? I hope it's not too "top" heavy and I'm not sure what is considered a high tiered school vs average school to be honest.
What kind of schools are Rochester, Pittsburgh, and UVA? Would one would consider them top, mid, or low?

Last edited:
Rochester, Pittsburgh and UVA are very good schools and you are more likely to receive an interview at those schools than Harvard. Some schools are called " low yield" due to the high number of applications they receive. The term is misleading since Georgetown offers interviews to over 1,000 of its applicants and fewer than 10,000 complete secondaries.

What did you do with non-clinical volunteering? I am a little hesitant with just 50 hours shadowing if you are trying to shoot really high but you will be generally desirable depending on what you did with non-clinical volunteering.