School list advice for 3.91 GPA, 520 MCAT: Looking to add solid mid-tier options

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

californiapremed21

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
My buddy had a 4.0 GPA and 37 MCAT and applied to similar schools. Threw in UIC as a safety. UIC was the only school to interview/accept him. The whole process is a crapshoot. I would rather threw in a few schools that your stats are better than just in case.

Hofstra and Rochester are decent choices for someone with your stats. But Einstein, Case, UVA, Emory, BU, and Keck are some good mid tiers/targets already on your list. I think you have a solid list -- if anything, it could be trimmed a bit.

Edit: Faha beat me to Hofstra/Rochester!

My buddy had a 4.0 GPA and 37 MCAT and applied to similar schools. Threw in UIC as a safety. UIC was the only school to interview/accept him. The whole process is a crapshoot. I would rather threw in a few schools that your stats are better than just in case.
IL is famous for accepting strong CA applicants (OOS tuition), though.

32 schools plus? Is it diminishing return at that point due to app time management?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I can't help but think that with a LizzyM of 78 that your friend's case isn't the norm. Especially with only one interview. If I had to guess there was some other sort of deficit in his app.

Reactions: 1 users