Banco

5+ Year Member
May 28, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
You have a strong application. Very unique with regards to the physics/math research and work experiences - make sure your story flows into why you want medicine.

with regards to your school list, the NJ schools are not worth it. Maryland is also IS heavy.

You should consider adding: Pitt, Case Western, OSU, Cornell, Rochester, Northwestern, Stony Brook, Cincinnati.

Jun 5, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
I'd drop the NJ schools as noted above and also SUNY Downstate (very few OOS admitted). I'd drop Nova. I'd probably keep Maryland - the OOS admit rate isn't horrible and your research background would play well there. Agree with all the additions above, though Stony Brook also doesn't admit too many OOS. Better odds than Downstate though. You could add Dartmouth, MCW, GW, and Georgetown. Loyola will expect more service hours than you have. Illinois is freakishly expensive for OOS.

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I suggest these schools from your list:
CA: USC Keck, UCLA, UCI, UCSD, UCSF
NY: Albert Einstein, Hofstra, Mount Sinai, New York Medical College
FL: Florida Intl. University, Schmidt, Nova Southeastern, Univ. of Miami, USF
PN: Temple, Drexel, Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University
MA: Tufts, Boston University
Rhode Island: Brown
CO: Univ. of Colorado
Maryland: Univ. of Maryland
GA: Emory
You could add any of these schools:
TCU-UNT
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Rochester
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Seton Hall
George Washington

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.