School List Advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted1041777

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have a strong application. Very unique with regards to the physics/math research and work experiences - make sure your story flows into why you want medicine.

with regards to your school list, the NJ schools are not worth it. Maryland is also IS heavy.

You should consider adding: Pitt, Case Western, OSU, Cornell, Rochester, Northwestern, Stony Brook, Cincinnati.

I'd drop the NJ schools as noted above and also SUNY Downstate (very few OOS admitted). I'd drop Nova. I'd probably keep Maryland - the OOS admit rate isn't horrible and your research background would play well there. Agree with all the additions above, though Stony Brook also doesn't admit too many OOS. Better odds than Downstate though. You could add Dartmouth, MCW, GW, and Georgetown. Loyola will expect more service hours than you have. Illinois is freakishly expensive for OOS.

I suggest these schools from your list:
CA: USC Keck, UCLA, UCI, UCSD, UCSF
NY: Albert Einstein, Hofstra, Mount Sinai, New York Medical College
FL: Florida Intl. University, Schmidt, Nova Southeastern, Univ. of Miami, USF
PN: Temple, Drexel, Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University
MA: Tufts, Boston University
Rhode Island: Brown
CO: Univ. of Colorado
Maryland: Univ. of Maryland
GA: Emory
You could add any of these schools:
TCU-UNT
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Ohio State
Cincinnati