School list / app improvement help! (3.9/524)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Post removed for privacy reasons, please message me if you have any questions!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Did you post in reddit WAMC? I think I remember you haha.

Anyway, you have a golden application! Just keep up your volunteering activities if you can (or find new ones if you can't, due to COVID) to show longitudinal commitment.

You live in NJ. If you're a resident, why not apply to NJ schools? If you'd prefer to return to New England, you could add UMass. Tufts has ties with Maine Medical Center, so if you want to do rotations in your home state, it's a good option.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you post in reddit WAMC? I think I remember you haha.

Anyway, you have a golden application! Just keep up your volunteering activities if you can (or find new ones if you can't, due to COVID) to show longitudinal commitment.

Yes, that was me! Thank you for your advice then and now, I really appreciate it. :)

You live in NJ. If you're a resident, why not apply to NJ schools? If you'd prefer to return to New England, you could add UMass. Tufts has ties with Maine Medical Center, so if you want to do rotations in your home state, it's a good option.

Thank you for the feedback! I switched a few details around due to privacy concerns, but I'll be sure to apply to all of my state schools.

• Harvard
  • Stanford
  • NYU
  • Penn
  • Hopkins
  • UCSF
  • WashU
  • Yale
  • Colombia
  • Duke
  • UChicago
  • Cornell
  • Northwestern
  • Mt. Sinai
  • Mayo
  • Case Western / Cleveland Clinic
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • Michigan
  • Pittsburgh
  • Vanderbilt
  • Dartmouth
  • Rochester
  • Einstein
  • Ohio State
  • Stony Brook
  • Vermont
  • UCF
  • Tufts
My list above. It's hard to see where your app needs improvement...it's golden already. So just do what you love and love what you do.

Suggest adding BU, the NJ schools, Pitt, Duke, UCLA, Keck, U Cincy, swap out Kaiser for Stanford, UCF for USF

My list above. It's hard to see where your app needs improvement...it's golden already. So just do what you love and love what you do.

Suggest adding BU, the NJ schools, Pitt, Duke, UCLA, Keck, U Cincy, swap out Kaiser for Stanford, UCF for USF

Thank you! Will definitely make those changes. :)