MD & DO School List/Chances for: 3.25 cGPA and sGPA (UC), Strong EC, No MCAT Yet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCdavis1234

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Biological Sciences major from UC Davis
~220 Units completed.

GRADES
-3.25s and 3.25c GPA from UC
-Took Human anatomy (A), physiology, immunology (B), microbiology(A-), Biochemistry 1/2, Genetics, Cell Biology (B+)
-Got a "C" grade in [Engineering track] calculus 2 and [Medicine-Biology] calculus 3 and C+ Biochemistry 1
-NO MCAT YET!

EC:
-1 Year + in Molecular genetics and microbiology Laboratory on campus
-2 years in prestigious Clinical Research internship at UC Davis Department of Emergency Medicine. Lots of patient/doctor/nurse/PA contact. Learned tons of medical terms, seen tons of stuff and got familiar with tons of medications and day to day procedures of the ED
-Speaker at K-12 schools to kids who wish to go to college (especially medical track)--assist them in any questions or ways to get done with college

Notes: Molecular genetics laboratory is 12 hours per week
-ED Internship is ~6 hours per week
-Total amount of units in a quarter ranges from 15-22 (Kinda a lot some quarters)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Work on increasing your GPA in the next year. You could receive interviews at some DO schools with a MCAT of at least 500. You will need a MCAT of at least 508 to have a chance for MD interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
Work on increasing your GPA in the next year. You could receive interviews at some DO schools with a MCAT of at least 500. You will need a MCAT of at least 508 to have a chance for MD interviews.
I am graduating very soon! I have ~6 units left. It looks like I can max my GPA at a 3.3 because I have accumulated ~220 units thus far--so a few courses won't impact my GPA [by too much]. Thank you!