School List Critique

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1029873

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have several state public schools on your list that accept very few non residents with your GPA and no connection to the state. Also other unrealistic schools. I suggest these schools with your stats:
UIC
SIU
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Rush
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Wayne State
Oakland Beaumont
Creighton
TCU-UNT
Miami
USF Morsani
NOVA MD
George Washington
Georgetown
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Seton Hall
Hofstra
Einstein
New York Medical College
Albany
Quinnipiac
Vermont
Tufts
Kaiser
California University

You have several state public schools on your list that accept very few non residents with your GPA and no connection to the state. Also other unrealistic schools. I suggest these schools with your stats:
UIC
SIU
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Rush
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Wayne State
Oakland Beaumont
Creighton
TCU-UNT
Miami
USF Morsani
NOVA MD
George Washington
Georgetown
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Seton Hall
Hofstra
Einstein
New York Medical College
Albany
Quinnipiac
Vermont
Tufts
Kaiser
California University
Wow this is such a huge cutdown I was hoping to apply to more, however I will remove the ones you have removed. Thank you @Faha !

Members don't see this ad :)
Where in Northern Illinois do you live? SIU draws from a very specific geographic area for their student pool. If you live north of I80 you probably want to cut SIU out. Rush expects hundreds, if not thousands of clinical and service hours of their applicants. I’m not sure if you have them or not, but be aware of their requirements. You have a lot of schools on your list that aren’t really friendly to OOS applicants. Check the MSAR and see which of your listed public schools are open to accepting non-residents. Some don’t accept any at all. No sense in applying if you have no shot.

Where in Northern Illinois do you live? SIU draws from a very specific geographic area for their student pool. If you live north of I80 you probably want to cut SIU out. Rush expects hundreds, if not thousands of clinical and service hours of their applicants. I’m not sure if you have them or not, but be aware of their requirements. You have a lot of schools on your list that aren’t really friendly to OOS applicants. Check the MSAR and see which of your listed public schools are open to accepting non-residents. Some don’t accept any at all. No sense in applying if you have no shot.
Unfortunately northern IL, but SIU do accept some North. And regarding Rush I do have the hours to apply to that school. I will also check MSAR for the IS-OOS Bias, thank you

Reactions: 1 user