School List for Reapplicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Goforgold

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I need help creating a list of schools for next cycle. I had 3 IIs from the last cycle which ended up with 3 waitlists.

Here are my stats.
3.7 sGPA ( top 20 undergrad school) 28 MCAT first take, 34 MCAT 2nd take (took it during 2013)
Huge amount of research- during undergrad and currently a research fellow at the NIH

A ton of Volunteering (at least 400 hours) - both medical and community based. all in the last year
A decent amount of shadowing (40 hours?)- all from the last year

Here's a List of Schools I applied to last year:
OSU
Cornell
JHU
UMD
VT Carilion
Iowa
Wake Forest
UVA
Georgetown
Rush
Wisconsin
Albert Einstein
Boston U
Tulane
Columbia
Stoney Brook
Roslind Frank
Pritzker
Pitt
Creighton
GW
Hofstra
Jefferson
Baylor
NYU
tufts
Dartmouth
University of Minnesota
Northwestern
UNC
Drexel
Mayo
Indiana

Members don't see this ad.

give us your state of residence and the schools that interviewed you

Members don't see this ad :)
so considering that both of your MCAT exams were on your application, i think the first order of business would be to determine which schools average MCAT scores vs which ones take the most recent. you may not be as competitive at the schools in the former category as you originally thought, since your average is a 31

so considering that both of your MCAT exams were on your application, i think the first order of business would be to determine which schools average MCAT scores vs which ones take the most recent. you may not be as competitive at the schools in the former category as you originally thought, since your average is a 31
Is there an easy way to find this out? Or do you have to sift through the school's website and find it there?

yeah it's a school-by-school thing i think unfortunately -- websites, calling, etc. this is one thing i think the MSAR could really improve upon

Is there an easy way to find this out? Or do you have to sift through the school's website and find it there?
It could be floating around the forums. But are you really going to trust random posters? I would go through each website.