MD & DO School list help? 3.51 cGPA, 3.40 sGPA, 501 MCAT, URM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweetgreen342

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your stats are not very competitive for M.D. programs. It's a gamble. I'm not sure how much your URM status will help you though.

I suggest applying to more D.O. schools; You have a really good chance there.

UCSF, Pitt, Hofstra and Miami are reaches with your current MCAT. UNLV accepts few non residents. Consider adding these MD schools
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Creighton (they have a AZ track for some 3rd and 4th year students)
Tulane
Also add ATSU-SOMA for DO.

Members don't see this ad :)
UCSF, Pitt, Hofstra and Miami are reaches with your current MCAT. UNLV accepts few non residents. Consider adding these MD schools
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Tulane

Thank you! I will be adding those schools to my list and definitely replacing some of the reaches. If my retake score is much higher (even if it means skipping this cycle to study for when I am 100% ready again to take the test), do you think it'll give me a better chance for MD with all my other stats being the same (ECs/GPA)? My goal is to crack a 508 (which was around my practice test scores).

Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Tulane

OP does not meet the 10th percentile MCAT for matriculates for: Creighton, Quinnipac, Drexel, Jefferson, Temple, etc.
I recommend buying the MSAR and see if your MCAT and GPA make at least the 10th or 25th percentile cuts. I personally have a lower mcat and that's what I am doing.