School list help: 3.58 cGPA, 3.48sGPA, 515 MCAT (retake from 509)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StretchArmstrong

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been working on developing a school list based on my scores in the title. Let me know your thoughts on my list so far. Any schools I should add or delete?

USC
Michigan
UCLA
Pitt
Emory
Colorado
Columbia
UW
Penn
Miami
UFlorida
Tufts
Duke
Ohio State
Boston University
UCSF
Wake Forest
Temple
Jefferson

Members don't see this ad.

I went to a top 20 school (if that matters). I have 90 hours of clinical volunteering, 400 hours of non-clinical volunteering, 20 hours of shadowing, I started a service club which I was president of, I worked as a server during one summer, I played on a travel club tennis team, and I worked in a lab for over 1000 hours in two years.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a GA resident. Any matches you would recommend looking into?

Is there a reason you haven't included MCG and Mercer?

Wake and Jefferson are good examples of the types of schools you can consider "matches". There at least 10 more you can find like them in MSAR that get <11k apps. UCSF Pitt Perelmen types are examples of schools that aren't

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Added both to my list. Any other recommendations. I'm afraid I have too many reach schools and not enough matches.

With similar stats as the OP, do you think Columbia, Michigan, Emory, and USC are within reach? (Sorry didn't want to make another thread).

Thanks!

With similar stats as the OP, do you think Columbia, Michigan, Emory, and USC are within reach? (Sorry didn't want to make another thread).

Thanks!
Only with extraordinary personal qualities or accomplishments (exception being MI if IS).

Thanks!

Depends on how similar. If you mean a hair higher and if that's your only MCAT attempt something like 3.58/516 with a strong overall app could potentially generate interest from Emory or Keck. A strong recent grade trend also can help.

Michigan is in play if you are a MI resident or went to UG there. If you are from the Atlanta region, that is of benefit for Emory. There are certain characteristics(ie extensive commitment to service, language skills, attending a big name UG private school) that can make you more appealing to USC.

Last edited:
Only with extraordinary personal qualities or accomplishments (exception being MI if IS).

Depends on how similar. If you mean a hair higher and if that's your only MCAT attempt something like 3.58/516 with a strong overall app could potentially generate interest from Emory or Keck. A strong recent grade trend also can help.

Michigan is in play if you are a MI resident or went to UG there. If you are from the Atlanta region, that is of benefit for Emory. There are certain characteristics(ie extensive commitment to service, language skills, attending a big name UG private school) that can make you more appealing to USC.

Gotcha, makes sense. Thanks for the help!