School list help! 3.59 cGPA 3.51sGPA 514 mcat (18-19 cycle)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

med112

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, thank you in advance for anyone who has a chance to reply to this!
I'm thinking about my school list for the upcoming cycle; here are my stats:
Majors: Biology and English, PA resident
Mcat: 514 (128/129/126/131) - bio is lower unfortunately
60+ hours shadowing
3 total years of research in computational biology/computer science and rheumatology, presentations + 1 publication (2 summers of paid research internships included)
1 year -> 100 hours volunteering in patient satisfaction in hospital
100+ hours volunteering as a dance instructor/performer and college orientation staff
ECs: dance company, vp of sorority, leadership in greek honors society, academic time-management tutor

current list: Jefferson, temple, Georgetown, Tulane, Wayne state, Rosalind Franklin, Illinois, Drexel, Penn state, commonwealth of PA, LSU
obviously looking to increase/change this list so it's about 30-35 schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
LSU and Illinois accept very few non residents with your stats and no connection to the state. Consider these schools in addition to the others on your list:
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Albany
New York Medical College
Hofstra
George Washington
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
St. Louis
NOVA MD
Eastern Virginia
West Virginia
any new schools that may open for 2019 (Seton Hall, Roseman, Kaiser)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I would consider michigan schools they accept a good amount of out of state students plus if you are going to apply DO I would put MSUCOM on your list as well because their class is so big. Besides Western Michigan and Wayne State I would Look into the other Michigan schools as well like central or Michigan state

Overall do I have a fair chance and mid/lower tier MDs or should I focus more on DO?

You have a competitive MCAT for MD schools. It never hurts to add DO schools to increase your chances but make sure to get DO shadowing they kind of are picky about that. You have good scores though you did well on the mcat so good job!