School List Help 3.63cGPA 3.64sGPA 511 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KakashiH

Reaction score
Just got my MCAT score back today and would appreciate any advice on my school list. I have a pretty large list at over 30, and i'm trying to get it down to around 20, 25 at max, cause I don't have enough money for 30+ schools. Any advice on what school I should keep or take away is very appreciated.

Stats: 3.63 cGPA 3.64sGPA for AMCAS and 3.72sGPA for AACOMAS (big upward trend for cGPA. 2.76 1st semester, 3.8 next 2 years)
MCAT: 511 (127/125/129/130)
Resident: Georgia
URM: Yes, Black
Research: Not really. Almost 100 hours from 1 semester
EC's: 120 hours volunteering at a hospital, around 50 hours doing mentorship at my church's youth group, around 150 hours volunteering at a homeless shelter, around 20 hours doing various volunteer events for a club i'm in
Shadowing: 24 hours with a pediatrician. 24 hours with a hospitalist. I didn't shadow a DO or get a letter, but I was able to speak to him about his profession, so hopefully that'll help the "any experience with a DO" question
LOR's: 1 from each of my biology professors, 1 from my ochem professor, 1 from my anthropology prof, and 1 from the pediatrician I shadowed. No DO letters, just MD's
Hobbies: Musical instrument, clarinet. Been doing it since i was young so let's say 1000 hours
School List
Medical College of Georgia
Mercer University
Morehouse School of Medicine
Emory University School of Medicine
Drexel
Wake Forest
Eastern Virginia
Tufts
Jefferson
Tulane
Virginia Commonwealth
Vermont
Albany
Loyola
Georgetown
Howard
Saint Louise
Medical College of Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Geisinger Commonwealth
Toledo
University of Colorado
Wayne State University
Indiana
PCOM
PCOM-GA
Nova Southeastern
Marian University
A.T Still University
Rocky Vista University
Campbell School of Osteopathic Medicine
Des Moins COM
Lincoln Memorial
Lake Erie COM
Alabama COM
Kansas City University COM

My MCAT ended up being pretty good, so I know I should probably take away some DO school. Thanks again for any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

You do not need to apply to any DO schools so you can remove all of them. You could remove Geisinger from your MD list (they have an instate bias). You should receive several interviews from the other MD schools on your list. Add Meharry and UCLA Drew.

Reactions: 1 user
You do not need to apply to any DO schools so you can remove all of them. You could remove Geisinger from your MD list (they have an instate bias). You should receive several interviews from the other MD schools on your list. Add Meharry and UCLA Drew.
Thanks for the advice

I suggest:

Medical College of Georgia
Mercer University
Morehouse School of Medicine
UCLA/Drew
Emory University School of Medicine
Duke (yes, Duke)
Wake Forest
Eastern Virginia
Tufts
Jefferson