School List help: 3.65 / 522

About the Ads

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
  1. Attending Physician
    Your low clinical exposure and low non clinical volunteering hours will limit your chances for interviews at top tier schools and schools that expect high numbers of clinical and non clinical hours. I suggest these schools:
    U Washington
    Kaiser
    Boston University
    Tufts
    Hofstra
    Einstein
    Mount Sinai
    Rochester
    Pittsburgh
    Case Western
    Cincinnati
    Ohio State
    U Michigan
    Western Michigan
    Indiana
    Illinois
    U Chicago
    Northwestern
    Iowa
    Washington University
    Miami
    USF Morsani
    Emory
    Vanderbilt
    Duke
    UVA
    Add the 2 schools where you interviewed previously if they are not on my list.
    Some of the state public schools on your list are not good choices ( UC Davis admitted only one non resident last year).

Reactions: 1 user

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
    10+ Year Member
    Verified Expert
    Gold Member
  • Oct 14, 2011
    1. Academic Administration
      Thanks for the advice. I've edited my original post to reflect that my current job also involved a good bit of clinical exposure (being in clinic, talking with patients, etc.) until recently, probably around ~200 hours of additional time. I'll look through the schools you suggested. Much appreciated!
      Please make sure you count your hours properly and not double-dip. Also confirm with the schools about residency and eligibility just to be sure: Alaska helps with UW for sure.

You didn't really mention what your PB GPA coursework is and what you took. Yes, Faha's list is more reasonable.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.